Four Decades

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyfotodiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Chicago, but dive in FL. Not true anymore, as I di
# of dives
200 - 499
It was 40 years ago this month of April that I received my first c-card; NASDS SCUBA DIVER number K 1600. I tried to come up with something profound to write here, but a thank-you to all the people who have helped me be a better diver over the years is the most appropriate.

I have forgotten most of your names - we didn't keep log books in the "stone ages" - but I remember your advice, help, tips, suggestions, to this day. I do remember one name, though; Al Catal of Divers Cove in New Jersey. My mother thanks you, my father thanks you (they came one night that summer to a dive in Shark River Inlet and couldn't see anything but they heard the sound of steel tanks bumping against lead weights and the jetty rocks), and most of all, I thank you.

Por nada.

Congrats to joining the four decade diver club, many more to come for you is my wish.

N

1967 - Florida Skin Divers Association

FSDA.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom