Question Fourth Element Halo AR

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been diving it for the last year. I am a huge fan. I upgraded from the original halo. It has considerably less bulk and is a scosche warmer. The thickness is closer to the arctic expedition with the warmth of the halo.
Sizing, as always with fourth element, is a crap shoot.
In the original halo, I wore a 2xl short. At that time, I was 6'1" and 300 pounds. It fit perfectly. I ordered the same xl short this time with the AR and the legs and arms are way too short. Go figure. The body fits quite well.
My advice would be to try it on, but if it fits, buy it. It is an excellent undergarment.

I just switched to the Halo AR and was able to drop 2 lbs from using the Halo 3d. I liked the suit because
it wasn't as bulky and I found it kept me warm in 49 degree water. Unfortunately I would not recommend
the suit as it has absolutely no stretch. According to Fourth Elements size chart I wear a Large.
The suit fits very tight. Because there was no stretch I had difficulty putting on my fins. Then after my
third dive I was using the frog kick when I felt something tear. Upon removing my dry suit I found that a 10 inch section of the waist ripped apart. I have emailed Fourth Element with pictures and I have called and
left messages with no response from the company. If you decide to go with the AR I would suggest going up one size from their chart.

I just switched to the Halo AR and was able to drop 2 lbs from using the Halo 3d. I liked the suit because
it wasn't as bulky and I found it kept me warm in 49 degree water. Unfortunately I would not recommend
the suit as it has absolutely no stretch. According to Fourth Elements size chart I wear a Large.
The suit fits very tight. Because there was no stretch I had difficulty putting on my fins. Then after my
third dive I was using the frog kick when I felt something tear. Upon removing my dry suit I found that a 10 inch section of the waist ripped apart. I have emailed Fourth Element with pictures and I have called and
left messages with no response from the company. If you decide to go with the AR I would suggest going up one size from their chart.
Agreed there. According to the chart I am a "medium tall" and it fit like a GLOVE. But that meant it was very uncomfortable to add a heated vest under it.

I don't find it to be appreciably warmer than my Whites Thermal Fusion. It was not the "game changer" that I had hoped for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom