Fox TV: House (Dive Related)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

House is a pretty strange show, and they are not above playing extremely fast and loose with any sort of facts. Some of the things I've seen them do to patients are absurd, and some of the differential diagnoses they run through are equally far-fetched.

But I enjoyed the first episode, where about ten minutes into it, I said, "Boy, that looks like cerebral cysticercosis," and it WAS. Impressed the friend I was watching it with no end . . . :)

This happend to us as we were flying out of Cuba last fall
Passenger needed medical attention to the point of us making an emergency decent into New Orleans.[39,000-10,000 ft in about 6 minutes]then circiling to burn off enough fuel so we could land safely.
when the paramedics got there he walked off the plane. He never admitted to diving but there was talk on the plane from people who new that he had dove that am.
He wanted back on the plane but the pilot would not alow him back on and we continued back to Calgary with a 4 hour delay. I made me very respectful of the 24 hour time to fly

House always reminds me of 24. I bet you could switch characters and nobody would blink an eye. Jack could order the interns around and House could hobble after the bad guys.

I saw the show last night. I won't spoil it for anybody reading this who hasn't seen it yet.

That was pretty cool how you clicked on the spoiler and it opened up. How did you do that?

Anyway, my mom asked me last night if I had watched and I said no but they were discussing it on Scubaboard so I assume it had something to do with a diver. And she said "Yeah, he had bends." Thanks mom. :rofl3: But I watched it last night anyway with my son and he guessed what he had when House started pressing on his joints. But tell me, would applying pressure on your joints relieve the pain from DCS? And House, reading the receipt from the dive shop said he ascended to quickly? Huh? How would he know that from a receipt. At least he said to give the poor dude 02. That impressed me.

I really love House. The guy is such an SOB, you gotta love him.:rofl3:

My other half say I am like house. . .

Oh, and after we watched House, we watched The Shield which I had also taped. Vic Mackey makes House look like Donny Osmond.:rofl3:

I watched the episode last night.. People have mentioned the plane dropping from 8000 to 5000 feet. Actually, if you rewatch it, they were at 38,000 feet. Not 8. To quote House: "I want the plane so low, I can club seals as we pass them." You gotta love such a Politically Correct person. :D

DaleHall:
I watched the episode last night.. People have mentioned the plane dropping from 8000 to 5000 feet. Actually, if you rewatch it, they were at 38,000 feet. Not 8. To quote House: "I want the plane so low, I can club seals as we pass them." You gotta love such a Politically Correct person. :D
:rofl3: :rofl3: Didn't he say "club BABY seals"?:rofl3: :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom