frame grab software sought

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have mpeg-4 files off my video camera that I would like to be able to extract frames off of for producing stills. Does anyone have a recommendation for a software that does this without loosing the quality (as well as aspect) of the original video image. The video was shot in 720p HD (60 fps), and anything that is just a screen capture leaves the image as "junk" as it is just the display as well as drops the 16x9 aspect..

Thanks!

I've never had a problem doing screen grabs with Adobe Premiere or Sony Vegas Movie Studio.

Premiere Elements will do it too if you are looking for a cheaper way than using Pro. It is a very nice editor for consumer level editing.

I edit AVCHD2 1080/60p mts files directly in Adobe Premiere Elements 10. The program does not come with presets for this, but someone created a User patch which you can read about here: Adobe Forums: Premiere Elements 10 (Windows): new editing presets for 1080p60/50, burn Bluray/AVCHD at 24p that provides the 1080/60p preset. You. An use and edit the mts file directly, however to export in 1080/60p you have to output in a mp4 file format also one of the user patch export additions. The resultant file size is similar to the mts files and I can't visibly see a reduction in video quality. For less than a hundred bucks this is the most affordable way to edit AVCHD2 IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom