France Park Treasure Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mlody11

Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone going to the Treasure Hunt Dive on the 24th of September? I know its meet and greet time but that is a bit far for me since im driving from chicago...

Sounds Fun, Are you planning on doing this dive before or after the Treasure Hunt Dive?

Well... I would like to do it before... but I don't know if the "organizers" will allow us in the water before... they may be "hiding" things. BUT... the games are played on a platform, so the only swimming is to/from the platform. I'll have to talk to Divers Supply and see what they say.

I did a dive before the Treasure Dive last year and it wasnt a problem. I might be concerned about the visibility after the treasure dive.

Hello! I'd really like to get the dive in prior to the hunt... I think we may get there when it opens.... do a dive, have a nice SI then do the treasure hunt. We'll be in a silver malibu if you see us (hubby and I.... and I'm a heavy girl.... come on over. We'd love to dive with ya!)

I will be there. We are coming up from Indy. I hear it is a good time. Can you tell me what time it starts? I am not sure what time to be there. Thanks in advance.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Hi, Jeff...

I hear it starts at 11. However, hubby and I will be there when France Park opens (9 I think...have to double check) to get a dive in before the hunt.

Actually, we're just gonna drop down on a platform and play some card games.... join us if you'd like, it's fun!! (UNO and maybe some Rummy or Blackjack.... maybe some Poker.... all cards are plastic, thus waterproof).

FYI-- I spoke to the Diving Den today... they run the dive op/air fills at France Park. They say that the water temp on the bottom is 74. Vis is only 10 ft due to an algea bloom. Eek! It'll be a true "hunt" to find anything, I'd have to say! LOL

erparamedic:
Hi, Jeff...

I hear it starts at 11. However, hubby and I will be there when France Park opens (9 I think...have to double check) to get a dive in before the hunt.

Actually, we're just gonna drop down on a platform and play some card games.... join us if you'd like, it's fun!! (UNO and maybe some Rummy or Blackjack.... maybe some Poker.... all cards are plastic, thus waterproof).

Could you use another? I've bugged out of the M&G due to the weather coming in on Fri-Sat, so I should be able to make it up on Sunday. I'd really like to get a dive in before the place gets crazy. I'm planning on arriving when they open at 9:00.

Back
Top Bottom