Free Diving Up North

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uncleavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Tomorrow I have to Pick up two folks and take them snorkeling.
I live in Southeast Alaska and I can tell you that the water will a tad chilly and it will be rainy and cold. My clients will see nothing so, I will have to dive down and pull up Urchins and Starfish for them to see. I will use my Force Fin SD-1 Military as my Fin of choice. This will let me dive down and also if I have to tow some folks back to the Shore I will have no problem. There is a very interesting Foot Pocket that will let me get them with out grunting and groaning and they have a nice stiff blade as well.
If you are convinced that you can't use them and go deep with Force Fins or they are too expensive, I won't beat my head against the wall and try to sell you on their virtues. I am sure you think I am some fat guy sitting somewhere in anytown usa who does not know his Mast from a Scupper in the Boat. I suppose your right.
If however, you keep an open mind and try a really great Fin I think you will enjoy them. Bob Evans puts his heart and soul in all the fins he makes.
If you ever come to Alaska on a Cruise let me know and I will be more than happy to take you out and you can try them out for yourself[you have to buy the beer]
Force Fins #1 Test Diver and Fan
Avi Ratica

Thanks for the advice. I have a pair of SD-1's but never brought them out with me free diving. In fact I usually leave them at home because I am so partial to my Tan Delta Excellerators. I think for the honest to goodness test I should bring out the SD-1's, Excellerators, the OPS fin and some "true free diving fins" like the Sporasubs or Cressi's and put them all to the test.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom