Free Twilight Dive - Pompano - March 14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tcarpjr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
A few of us beach-divers are planning to gather at about 6pm in Pompano Beach. Since it is a shore dive, there is no cost except for parking (may also be free depending on which entry point we choose). The weather looks promising, so we'll have our choice of the first reef or the drop-off, depending on the ability and comfort level of those who gather.

If you are new to this site, it has plenty of features and fish. You will need a primary and back-up light. A light stick (chemlite) is a good idea for your tank. Entry is easy, fresh-water shower is available afterward. We'll have a brief and plan session for anyone new to the group.

Entry at twilight allows for gradual adjustment to darkness. Reef comes alive at night with fish and critters you'll never see in daylight.

We'll plan the meet point as the discussion thread lengthens.

well like always you can count me in .

Wish I were going to be there. My gills are dry. Say hello to the fish for me!

Shore...er, sure, Kim. I'll be rocketing up from a ceremony in downtown Miami, so I'll swing by about 30 min before meet time.

As to the backup plan suggested by Deepstops: We always have a Plan B & C. The weather is supposed to moderate by 6pm (Southeast winds 10 to 15 knots. Seas 2 feet or less near shore and up to 2 to 4 feet well offshore. Intracoastal waters a moderate chop). Conditions which are not optimal, but doable. Depending on the actual conditions at the time, we'll focus less on the dropoff and more on the inside ledge. It is an interesting dive, not an ambitious swim and will give a chance to practice night and navigation techniques.

We took that course and from it we learned that if plan "A" fails to use the back up plan that we will talk about before we entered the water .or Do we use the next plan after we enter the water and 1/2 mile from our exit point . Would that be plan "D" ,"E" or plan "F" or do we use plan "R" for who Running back to the parking lot :rofl3:

I am more of a plan "A" kind of girl, so B C would mean hitting the local pub lol

I am with you. Hopefully plan A will work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom