French Polynesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic5

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for some suggestions on dive operators and best dive sites. I will have 5 nights in Moorea before an 11 night cruise which visits Bora Bora, Moorea (again), Aitutaki and Rorotonga.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hello,
My husband and I used Bathys when we visited Moorea a few years back. They were good. We stayed at the Starwood (now a Hilton) in Moorea. Bathys provided transportation to and fro. FYI...I understand they recently purchased the large dive operation in Bora Bora (Top Dive). You may be able to get some kind of a multi-island price deal with them for multiple dives. When we are in Bora Bora, we use Blue Nui Dive Centers. The owner, Gilles Petre, is great. (FYI...we didn't care to use Top Dive when we visited the first time, and Bathys wasn't in Bora Bora). We are returning to BB in May and plan to dive with Gilles. Have a great time.

We used Blue Nui when we were in Bora Bora since they were on the same motu as the hotel we were staying (Bora Bora Pearl Beach). They were pretty nice, and we did easy recreational dives.

We dove with Moorea Blue (located at the Moorea Pearl Resort) and had a great experience with them for the day. Lots of great sealife - lemon sharks, black tip reef sharks, spotted eels, clownfish, lionfish, turtles, etc. We dove the Coral Wall dive site and the Canyons. The only thing lacking in Moorea was the coral life - lots of Crown of Thorns spotted. If you want specifics or want to see any pictures, feel free to let me know and I can pass them along.

We dove with Moorea Blue (located at the Moorea Pearl Resort) and had a great experience with them for the day. Lots of great sealife - lemon sharks, black tip reef sharks, spotted eels, clownfish, lionfish, turtles, etc. We dove the Coral Wall dive site and the Canyons. The only thing lacking in Moorea was the coral life - lots of Crown of Thorns spotted. If you want specifics or want to see any pictures, feel free to let me know and I can pass them along.
Love to see your pix. Will dive in Moorea with son and granddaughter in December.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom