Frequent Server and database errors in 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Scotty

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello,

I am getting errors trying to access Scubaboard from my Android phone, iPad, and Windows PC on a regular basis. For the last few months there will sometimes be 3-4 hour stretches where the site will just say "server cannot process your request" "database error" "cannot connect to database" etc. I switch devices when this happens but it will say the same thing on all of them. I also try switching networks and same results.

Any advice on this?

p.s. I see there is already a vaguely titled thread about this, but that thread did not come up in a search. I think it's worth having an additional thread (this one) with a more specific title so that people can find it, and know they are not alone in having this issue (and not going crazy). My apologies if this thread annoys any of the mods, I'm sure you are working on it, if you feel this should be deleted then go for it.

I access SB via my iPhone and iPad. Both newish devices with updated everything. The problem is on the SB end. I have had major difficulty this weekend getting on at all. Not only the error that results in a white screen, but pages being very, very slow to load, even on my relatively fast broadband at home.

Hello, it's me. Yeah, I'm the problem: it's me.

We're working on it.

My apologies if this thread annoys any of the mods, I'm sure you are working on it, if you feel this should be deleted then go for it.
Unlike politicians, we don't view a statement of facts as an attack. In fact, I welcome all criticisms. It's the only way you can improve.

I just want to thank you for all your efforts, Mr Chairman. I spend a lot of time on boards for other endeavors (probably way too much time!) and everybody seems to have their hiccups. They just make me more grateful when service resumes. If you don’t hear it often enough, thanks for all you do!
best regards,
charlie 🐸 Shaeff

I too regularly have the Forum page load (what I have bookmarked) and then it disappears. Hit refresh and it come back then stays.

I am all Apple and it happens on my iPhone, MacBook Air and iMac. iMac and iPhone are all up to date IOS, laptop old (2014) and can't go higher than Big Sur 11.7.4 and I use native Safari browser. All other web sites load and stay.....

Just sharing insights and appreciate all the Chariman does keeping the site going :)

David Haas

As one of the computer-nerds (software engineers), I can say performance problems and random outages are often some of the most annoying to work on, hah!

Back
Top Bottom