Fresh Water Dive in Central Ma. or Southern NH

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Armyguy38

Registered
Reaction score
I am wondering if there are any GOOD fresh water dives in Central MA or Southern NH with in an hour of Worcester.
My brother and I are looking for some place good to dive. I know fresh water is not as Fun as salt water. But there are some intresting fresh water sights to be seen any one know any?

Thanks
Bob

:confused:

Let me know if you find any. I haven't. Almost all fresh around here is a silt-fest.

Don't know of any down your way, but within an hour from my house in Raymond NH (East of Manchester) there are four, Pleasant Lake in Deerfield, Newfound, Winnisquam and Winnipesaukee. All four have resonably good visibility and accessable from shore. Info is as follows.

Pleasant lake is in Deerfield near the intersection on Rt 107 and Rt 4. Go in at the boat launch on the North end of the lake. Not deep maybe 28' with a wicked thermocline at 22'. Some bass and perch.

Newfound is in Bristol, NH, exit 23 on Rt 93. Go through town and follow the signs to the State Park on the West side of the lake. Go past the park maybe a half a mile there is a rock wall to the left of the road. This is where you want to dive the wall extends down in the water to 85'. The wall is also where all the fish are. Find a way down the rocks, drop your gear and park past the wall on the left. Many thermoclines, Newfound is a very cold, very clear lake.

Winninsquam we've dive at the town beach park in Laconia. It's to the left when you get into town on Rt 3. Gear up on the beach walk out to the drop off and dive. There is a slope down to deeper water but it gets boring fast and the upper part with the UW plants is the best.

Winnipesaukee we dive at Clark's point in Wolfeburo. Drive into Wolfeburo and look for Clark's Point Road on your left, go to the end and there is a park there. Haul you gear down the hill and dive off the rocks. Great, great, fun dive. There is lots of structure just off shore and the world's most friendly Bass. A fun easy dive, just watch for the boats. Fresh water sailors are clueless. Also make sure you use a dive flag, Fish and Game are ****'s about this.

My Brother says Douglas Res is not a bad fresh water dive. I do not know if we dive it i will post what I find

I know folks have dove Mirror lake in Ayer, MA, close to Ft. Devins....but I think it is rather silty. I spoken to local shops about it -- their comment was that it is not very usable for BOW courses given the silt. Not sure what it would be like if you were there in a small group.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom