From Rodales (Manufacturer response - Diver's Union - TUSA and Aqualung!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Genesis once bubbled...
If you're carrying some manufacturer's line for them, YOU ARE DOING THEM A FAVOR, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Now explain this one to me:

They send you junk.
You sell it, thinking its good, rather than junk.
Your CUSTOMER, who you sold junk to, comes back pissed off becuase you sold him junk.
You fix the junk, and make it good.

I don't look at it the same way and don't consider the equipment I sell junk. I have a good relationship with my equipment reps (for the most part) and we do each other a service. Me by selling their equipment and them by letting me sell top quaility gear.

The only recalls I've had to be conerned with were minor and I usually had everything fixed and ready to go in under 5 minutes.

Now suppose that you had bought your gear from LP or DiveInn. Since THEY are the ones giving you your warranty at they going to call you and tell you to ship your gear back to them freight collect so they can take care of your recalled gear?

Northeastwrecks babbled
Wouldn't it be so cool if Genesis could put his money where his mouth is. Hey, Genius, oops... I mean, Genesis, a bunch of us are getting together at Dutch Springs. Why don't you bring a portable Nitrox compressor and try to out price them.

I do recall that Genesis said he could undercut everyone. That he had done the math and it would be easy to do.

dvleemin once bubbled...

Is this post really needed? This thread was informative and intelligent, regardless of which side a person is one in this matter.

All you do by posting something as childish as this is discredit yourself and your opinion. This certainly doesn't help your side of the debate.

Darryl

NEW seems to feel obligated to confront him. Somewhat understandable at first (even if I don't agree) but it does seem to have gotten a bit carried away.

has said publically that he is a dive shops' lawyer.

A lawyer's job is to be a paid mouthpiece for the position of their client. That is what they do for money.

It is not surprising that if this shop sells price-controlled gear, that he would be opposed to such a change in the marketplace.

What should be surprising is the childish personal attacks.

There is exactly one person on this board that is on my "ignore" list. I bet you can guess who it is.

At Genesis' request, I did some research. Without going into the details, here's one of the things that I found.

www.denninger.net

You should check out some of the links to get a good idea of the person your following.

Personally, I avoid people like this. I certainly don't let them speak for me.

dvleemin once bubbled...

Telling him to put his money where his mouth is is one thing; The comments about 'Genius' and buring his stickers is something completely different. Unnecessary and childish.

Darryl

No revelations there Darryl...........

Back
Top Bottom