From the Ground

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Here are some recent pictures from my dive buddy! Anyone wanting a feel good project, we are sending inexpensive toys to these children who greet our Marines in the street. Postage is heavily discounted and suggestions are paints, markers, jump ropes, jacks, playing cards, hair accesories, hot wheels, balls. ...A ball can help get life back to normal for a neighborhood of children. Hope you find the pictures interesting...many lasting friendships between the US Marines and the Iraqi soldiers are being made. I especially love the ones of them making hobus together!

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaN2rdm0aNFIa8

Address: I MHG MTT 2 (team 3/3)
Unit 42702
FPO AP 96426-2702

Aloha!

Thanks for sharing these pictures catherine, some of the best I've seen.

Thanks Catherine. You should be very proud of JB. These pictures put a human face on what is happening in Iraq and should make us realize how lucky we are to live where we do. Say hi to JB when you talk to him tomorrow.

Thanks for the photos. My brother just returnd from his second tour in Iraq. One more year and he will be retiring. Having been in the Marines myself, it is hard to explain what it is like. Sometimes, a photo can do what words cannot. Tell JB we are proud of him.

Dave (aka "Squirt")

hey, I will! I will forward the good wishes to his g-mail account!

leesa, we shopped at the 99 cent store, Pricebusters. I can't believe the stuff they have in there!

When my Wife returned from Iraq, it was the kids that she could not stop talking about. Going to a school and handing out pencils (some kids thought is was the best gift ever) shoes to kids that had NEVER had them. We are blessed to have been born in the best country the world has seen. Our soldiers are the best in their willingness to help others! Give JB our praise.....Jimbo

I am posting here instead of starting a new thead.

1. Very sad to hear the fourth Marine died yesterday. I am not sure of the ethics of me saying these things, maybe Onfloat or someone can tell me if it is inappropriate before it makes the news? Of course, no names. I hear all four from Hawaii. Are all Hawaii Marines from a Kaneohe batallion?

2. Rick Leventhal, a reporter from Fox spent the day with JB yesterday and got some good footage of some missions. I think it airs next week Tues-Friday, and maybe Monday on Special Report with Britt Hume, 6-8 EST for anyone interested.

PS the toys just reached Alisad.

Back
Top Bottom