FRP May 9th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonMurray

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Enjoyed meeting Lou and Julie at FRP last Saturday. I'm sure I'll run into you again before the season is over.

John, I hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did. some of the best vis I have seen at FRP. As for 54F - let's just way it was 'way cool!'

Looking forward to diving U235 this weekend.

John, we need to schedule a trip over to Pennyroyal.

Enjoyed meeting Lou and Julie at FRP last Saturday. I'm sure I'll run into you again before the season is over.

John, I hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did. some of the best vis I have seen at FRP. As for 54F - let's just way it was 'way cool!'

Hello Ron,

Do you mean U352 off the coast of NC? If so, you will enjoy the dive..Look foward to diving with you...

Kenny

Hello Ron,

Do you mean U352 off the coast of NC? If so, you will enjoy the dive..Look foward to diving with you...

Kenny
Yes, sorry U352. My lysdexia crops up from time to time...

Hoping to get 4 dives in this weekend while I am in NC. never know what the weather is going to do though.

if you wold like to dive sometime, let me know. I would like to get out to Pennyroyal again sometime this summer.

Yes, that was a blast Ron, I had a lot of fun. ha ha. My feet did get a little cold however, but I manned up. ha ha. I am already ready to go again whenever. I was amazed how good the viz was for a fresh water dive. Anyone else that may be interested in going, let me know.

I would like to get out to Pennyroyal again sometime this summer.

Right now, unless you want to go deep, Pennyroyal's surface viz isn't much from all the rain we've had recently. I dove there last weekend (May 9th). I stayed shallow on my dives. The viz from the surface to about 10 ft was absolute 0. From 10 ft to the bottom of the shallows was about 10- 15 ft. I talked t some divers who went deeper & they said that below 40 ft it was nearly crystal clear. The second dive only lasted about 30 seconds, as I discovered that I had failed to completely zip my drysuit up. It quickly became a wetsuit; a very cold wetsuit.:shakehead: If the rains will stop, viz will probably return to the surface in a couple of weeks. I will be doing some check out dives on Sun. & will be there Sat. & Sun (camping) Memorial Day Weekend, if you're at all interested. Since I'm off work 3/5 weekends I plan to be at Pennyroyal quite a bit this summer.

You mean the season ends????? It was "very cool" to meet you and John also. We try to go to Pennyroyal a couple times a year, work schedule permitting. Mabe we can all get together and road trip to Pennyroyal this summer? The diving is worth it. Kenny, if you found this thread, it was nice to meet you and awesome diving with you. Hope to see all of you Memorial Day weekend at FRP. BTW can we bring plates and utensils? We still dont have a stove.

Julie :kiss2:

Back
Top Bottom