Frustration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

olphart

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm getting pretty frustrated with Zeagle! And with my LDS! Not even sure who to yell at! :angrymob:

I bought a Flathead VI a few years back and within 6 months it was breathing like a brick. Sent it back thru an LDS, (not my usual LDS), and it was repaired. So far so good...kinda. Why it had a problem after 6 months and maybe 15 dives is unclear.

A year or two later and the ip was creeping to 200psi. My LDS adjusted it, but it continued to creep, so I gave it back so they could service it completely. Weeks went by and apparently there was a problem getting parts.
I bitched here and a Zeagle rep told me to ship it directly to them and they'd deal with it. They did, promptly and no charge. I was impressed, and grateful.

Fast forward to Sept 2015. I figured it was time to get the Zeagle serviced even though it was working fine. MY LDS told me they couldn't get it to lock up and couldn't figure out why. Long story short, they took it to DEMA and handed it over to a rep there to have Zeagle put it right. It sounds, based on information I've gathered since, like the hp seat or the balance chamber is getting scratched during servicing.

I'm still waiting for my Reg. The LDS says that Zeagle told them it was shipped out some time before Christmas, but they don't have it yet. I just now got a call from my LDS. They called Zeagle today because I was on their case, and apparently now, the word is that it hasn't been shipped though it's been ready for weeks, but the engineer wanted to talk to the LDS first.

I don't much care at this point who did or didn't do what. I just want my reg back, working properly, so I can sell it, and start servicing my own regs.

Last edited:
Sounds like like your reg slipped though Zeagle's crack. I am also thinking that Zeagle is on the LDS's case because they screwed up the service.
When Zeagle separated from Apeks, about 2000, and designed their own regs there was a batch of 1st stage high pressure seats that were bad or had a bad design. the problem was resoled when it became evident.

For years Zeagle had an Excellent Customer Service reputation. I hope that it continues under Huish's ownership.

Sounds like like your reg slipped though Zeagle's crack. I am also thinking that Zeagle is on the LDS's case because they screwed up the service.
When Zeagle separated from Apeks, about 2000, and designed their own regs there was a batch of 1st stage high pressure seats that were bad or had a bad design. the problem was resoled when it became evident.

For years Zeagle had an Excellent Customer Service reputation. I hope that it continues under Huish's ownership.
Not impressed so far...Not this time anyway..I think things have changed.

that sucks, be persistent, get it back and sell it, then get a HOG or dive rite

Hi @olphart,

First, we apologize for the delayed response. We have had a changing of the guard for the ScubaBoard forum.

Can you please contact our customer service team directly and give them more information? DEMA is a very busy time, and it is easy for things to get lost in the shuffle. Contact us and we'll get this worked out.

Cheers,

I'm getting pretty frustrated with Zeagle! And with my LDS! Not even sure who to yell at! :angrymob:

I bought a Flathead VI a few years back and within 6 months it was breathing like a brick. Sent it back thru an LDS, (not my usual LDS), and it was repaired. So far so good...kinda. Why it had a problem after 6 months and maybe 15 dives is unclear.

A year or two later and the ip was creeping to 200psi. My LDS adjusted it, but it continued to creep, so I gave it back so they could service it completely. Weeks went by and apparently there was a problem getting parts.
I bitched here and a Zeagle rep told me to ship it directly to them and they'd deal with it. They did, promptly and no charge. I was impressed, and grateful.

Fast forward to Sept 2015. I figured it was time to get the Zeagle serviced even though it was working fine. MY LDS told me they couldn't get it to lock up and couldn't figure out why. Long story short, they took it to DEMA and handed it over to a rep there to have Zeagle put it right. It sounds, based on information I've gathered since, like the hp seat or the balance chamber is getting scratched during servicing.

I'm still waiting for my Reg. The LDS says that Zeagle told them it was shipped out some time before Christmas, but they don't have it yet. I just now got a call from my LDS. They called Zeagle today because I was on their case, and apparently now, the word is that it hasn't been shipped though it's been ready for weeks, but the engineer wanted to talk to the LDS first.

I don't much care at this point who did or didn't do what. I just want my reg back, working properly, so I can sell it, and start servicing my own regs.

@olphart,

Well, our customer service really sprang into action and had an answer for me right after I hit post.

It was as we suspected...the regulator was handed over to customer service with very little instruction. It took some time to figure out more information. It was handed over to the engineer who figured out the problem and repaired it. It was then returned back to the dive shop.

If you have not already picked it up, please contact your LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom