FS: Ikelite/Canon Rebel XT System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

simonbeans

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I would like to sell my Ikelite/Canon system. It consists of an Ikelite housing with 6" Port, tray with double handles, DS 50 Strobe, single cord and associated Ike accessories. Included is a Canon Rebel XT with kit lens (18-55mm), an extra Rebel XT body and all standard items included in the factory box. The system is in very good condition as I alway treat my gear with TLC. The system has never been flooded. Here is an example of the quality of the photos with the system:
IMG_7241angel.jpg

This photo was taken last week in Grand Cayman.

This second photo taken by David Haas shows the system included my offer. The one strobe that is part of the package is the DS 50 as shown in the photo:
Canonsystemforsale-1.jpg

I am asking $1200 for the entire package which will include cords, O rings, and CF cards. PM if interested and we can talk.
Allan

Last edited:
hello Simon,
saw your ad; I am thinking about upgrading from a Canon S1IS with the Canon housing a an external slave strobe to a DSLR. I have a 20D in mind and building the system around this camera. Why are you selling your set-up and only the D50 strobe?
thks, rgds
Herman from Belgium
BTW Merry Christmas!

My reason for selling the system is because the display on the Rebel XT is a bit small for me to see. I am going to an XSI which has the 3" display. I am keeping the DS51 as a second strobe as I have acquired a DS125. I don't need three. The DS 125 is really great for numerous reasons. It has been upgraded to the DS160. I did sell the system a week ago.

hello Simon,
saw your ad; I am thinking about upgrading from a Canon S1IS with the Canon housing a an external slave strobe to a DSLR. I have a 20D in mind and building the system around this camera. Why are you selling your set-up and only the D50 strobe?
thks, rgds
Herman from Belgium
BTW Merry Christmas!

You'll love the 20D as your underwater body! It's very versatile, inexpensive in the aweful event of a flood, accepts all the good lens, everyone makes a body and compatible TTL strobes, etc...

Good hunting!!

Monty Chandler

Underwater Explorations

Back
Top Bottom