FS: PT-015 and broken 5050z & lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BioG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have an Olympus PT-015 Housing that I would like to sell. The housing is a about four years old, but has never flooded. My 5050z camera that goes in it died last year, and it's not much good without it. The o-rings in the case are 1 year old.

Also included is an extra set of o-rings (two years old), and silicon grease for the rings

Also if anyone wants a 5050z for parts, I'll include it with the sale. The camera boots up fine, and appears to be working, but about 50% of the pictures it takes are severely garbled, pixelated and off-color. Also, it no longer retains settings when the batteries are changed.

With the camera I have a "Tiffen Tube" step-up ring and 43mm Polarizer, UV protector and 812 warming lens.

$75 plus shipping OR BEST OFFER. I'd be happy to hand-deliver it to someone living in the Boston, MA area. Reply or PM me if interested. THANKS!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    435.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2279.jpg
    IMG_2279.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 39
Hi Steve
Interested in mailing this to Australia? Don't need insurance and can pay you by PayPal.
BTW have you tried reloading the C5050 firmware? Easy to do, let me know if you need a link to instructions and latest firmware.
Regards
Peter

Fyi might call olympus, they might be able to repair

I tried emailing Olympus when the problem first started and never got a response. From what I was able to find out from other people who tried to have cameras repaired, it didn't really sound worth it (cost to ship, repair charge, etc).

I haven't tried reloading the firmware, but at this point, I've started looking around at replacements and have had my eye on a new camera. Whoever buys it is certainly welcome to try that.

Plus I've had some interest in people buying it, so I won't retract it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom