Ft. Bragg dive shop owner dies in his sleep.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

N.CoastDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Unfortunate news to report....

Kenny Tallman, owner of Subsurface Progression dive shop in Mendocino, passed away last week in his sleep. Condolences go out to his family and friends.

Kevin

has anyone heard when kens service is to be held. i'd really like to attend. i've known ken since 1979 when i started diving the north coast. man, this bites!! ken was a great guy, and will be missed. ken

Very sad to hear this, I had past dealings with him and liked him. Big loss for Ft. Bragg. My prayers are out for him and his family.

This is terrible news. I really liked Kenny and used to love to go into his shop and look at all the cool and unusual gear he had around. He also wanted me to do some glass work on the back of his boat. I remember the first time I towed my boat in there, he ran out and wanted to know everything about it. He loved homemade stuff.
I remember the big beard and the big barrel chest. He was a hell of a diver too from what I've heard. He was a good 'ol boy and an old schooler.

I went up there about 2 years ago and he lost a whole bunch of weight and didn't look so good. I felt funny asking him if everything was OK because I didn't want to pry. I didn't have a good feeling about how he looked. Now I find out from a friend of mine he was suffering from some sort of blood disorder for the last 10 years and it finally took him out.
It's going to be different now walking into Sub Surface Progression.

This hit's me kind of hard.

ZKY

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom