Ft. Myers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just moved to Ft. Myers. Any dive suggestions?
We have a family vacation home in Cape Coral. When I have called and asked the local dive shops where they go out, their answer has been they drive across the state to dive Jupiter or down to Key Largo. I think the Caloosahatchee doesn’t help with Vis or marine life around Ft Myers.

I live just south of you in Bonita Springs. Diving is very limited on this coast. The coastal geography is entirely different here than in southeast Florida. The best dive sites on this close are typically far offshore. In the neighborhood of 20-30 miles plus. Most all of the diving on this coast are spearfisherman on private boats or boats that cater to both hook and line fishing as well as spearfishing. There is one recreational boat down on Marco Island that is worth going out with on occasion.

Virtually all of my diving is over on the east coast from Jupiter south. I drive over on average one weekend a month. Diving in Palm Beach County is just fantastic. Broward is decent as well especially the numerous wrecks. Key Largo is another great location worth hiting.

Keep an eye on this forum as many of us post regular trip reports.

I live just south of you in Bonita Springs. Diving is very limited on this coast. The coastal geography is entirely different here than in southeast Florida. The best dive sites on this close are typically far offshore. In the neighborhood of 20-30 miles plus. Most all of the diving on this coast are spearfisherman on private boats or boats that cater to both hook and line fishing as well as spearfishing. There is one recreational boat down on Marco Island that is worth going out with on occasion.

Virtually all of my diving is over on the east coast from Jupiter south. I drive over on average one weekend a month. Diving in Palm Beach County is just fantastic. Broward is decent as well especially the numerous wrecks. Key Largo is another great location worth hiting.

Keep an eye on this forum as many of us post regular trip reports.

what is the name of the boat/company that does dives out on Marco Island?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom