Looking for discovery dive in Marco, Naples, or Ft. Lauderdale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ktrav

New
Reaction score
I'd like to get my 16 year old on a discovery/try it out dive while we are in Florida this summer. We can do Marco Island, Naples, or Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions? He did some light snorkeling in Cancun recently and loved it.

Full disclosure, I havent dove with them but thought I'd provide a link to start your due diligence.
Yes, I have heard great things about them. I'm wondering though - would the dive itself be better/ see more in Marco or one of the other places?

I live in SWFL but typically dive in SEFL. I drive over once a month to dive. The diving on this coast is not stellar. It is far better in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Your son will have a much better experience in Ft. Lauderdale.

I would recommend Sea Experience. They are a PADI IDC and run their own boats. There are excellent shallow sites just offshore that would be great for discover scuba.

Another option that is just a bit further away is to do a discover scuba at the world-famous shore dive site call Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. Both Force-E and Pura Vida run regular discover scuba dives there.

Hi @ktrav

I would imagine the diving is better over on the east coast. I do all my diving farther north, Sea Experience in Ft Lauderdale seems to get good reviews on SB. A local can give you better recommendations

Good luck with your son, diving with family is fantastic

Edit: Ha, I see @Divin'Papaw beat me to it

I live in SWFL but typically dive in SEFL. I drive over once a month to dive. The diving on this coast is not stellar. It is far better in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Your son will have a much better experience in Ft. Lauderdale.

I would recommend Sea Experience. They are a PADI IDC and run their own boats. There are excellent shallow sites just offshore that would be great for discover scuba.

Another option that is just a bit further away is to do a discover scuba at the world-famous shore dive site call Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach. Both Force-E and Pura Vida run regular discover scuba dives there.

Thanks! This is helpful!!

Hi @ktrav

I would imagine the diving is better over on the east coast. I do all my diving farther north, Sea Experience in Ft Lauderdale seems to get good reviews on SB. A local can give you better recommendations

Good luck with your son, diving with family is fantastic

Edit: Ha, I see @Divin'Papaw beat me to it
Thank you - I will look into them!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom