Fuji E900 & Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mglazer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got a Fuji E900 and Ikelite housing and so far am very impressed. The speed of startup is fantastic and shutter lag is virtually nil. Full manual control over the camera is really great and focusing performs well in low light. Images are crisp and clear.

Make sure you get the H version of the Fuji xD Card is makes a huge difference between shot processing time, especially when you are shooting in raw.

The Ikelite 6154.9 housing is well made. The Menu arrows on the camera are close together and so is the group of buttons on the housing, which make it a little more difficult to fiddle with settings underwater, especially with gloves on. After a while you get the hang of it and the buttons are no problem at all. I replaced the rubber wrist strap straight away with high strength cord and attached a couple of clips.

I would not hesitate in recommending this camera if you were thinking about it. Ill post some photos from my next trip soon.

Now I just have to convince a non diving wife that a strobe is worth all that money!:huh:

Mike

Back
Top Bottom