Full Body Rash Guard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My son wears a full body rash guard not so much for protection from jellies as for protection from the sun. In Key West last year, I jumped off the back of the boat into at least a dozen moon jellies and got stung from my neck down to my ankles. He was completely covered and came away unscathed.

I am 6'1 and 250lbs and I bring this for any diving that's 80F temp or higher. If there is no indication or season issues for jellies, then I just wear a long sleeve rashguard and board shorts.

Aqua Blue Unisex Full Body Skins

The Aqua Blue Unisex Full Body Skins are designed and manufactured by a large and well-known USA surfing and diving company. Superior materials, proven patterns and attention to detail. UPF 50+ helps d
www.scuba.com
www.scuba.com
Only issue with this is the full body black causes heat issues. Further, If I'm wearing a skin, I want it to be uniquely identifiable under water - help my insta-buddy out.

Only issue with this is the full body black causes heat issues. Further, If I'm wearing a skin, I want it to be uniquely identifiable under water - help my insta-buddy out.

The black color is really not as big of an issue as you would think. Between dives I just peel off the top and let it hang tied across my waist. For instabuddy ID, I have two pairs of identical Mares Quatro +. One pair in blue and one in white. I wear one of each and then am the only guy wearing two different colored fins.

Henderson Hot Skins has been our go-to for a long time. They last about five years and cost $30-$80. Good alone in warm water and good under a westsuit or Lavacore.

The shear number of Jellys where I am in the summer dictate the need for full body rashy in my neck of the woods. Not the most flattering of items to wear, but needs must if we want to play

You would think so, but not. As long as you periodically wet the dive skin, it will be evaporating water and the cooling effect is significant and it is less hot than having your skin directly exposed to direct sunshine. In my experience anyway. I like the two piece option since it is easier to relieve yourself without pulling it down and off shoulders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom