full face mask with comm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The biggest problem with using an FFM is, imo, looking like a dork on the boat. If it wasn't for that (and the cost), I'd be all over it.

I own two FFM's, the Draeger Panorama and the OTS Guardian and have also used the AGA. I love my draeger and use it on my Meg, just fitted it with comms by OTS, the 2010 commercial version, 3000Meter underwater range. With training, a FFM can enhance your SCUBA experience, I stay warmer, see more, am more comfortable in the water, keep any contaminants out, the mast leaks less than any regular mask, I went to FFM about 5 years ago and dont expect to ever go back. Try one out at your LDS in the pool, get comfortable putting it on and clearing it, be sure to read the manual and find an instructor to spend a couple hours with you doing some drills. You want to be able to don and doff on land, floating in the water, underwater shallow and while hovering. Practice until it is effortless. Remember if you have to remove it underwater (probably never need to) you lose both vision and the reg at the same time. It can be scary if you have not practiced. You will not be able to buddy breathe with a FFM, (regardless of what they tried in Sanctum) so be sure your 2nd is usable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom