Fully loaded RX100 System, ok maybe little overloaded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
Ok so maybe a little too much but I am sure I will do a couple of dives with this setup. Missing the Dome for H100 WA lens. Less than a week till Fiji!!!

RX100 Nauticam Housing
2x Sea & Sea D1
2x Light & Motion Sola 4000
Inon H100 Wide Angle Lens
Subsee +10 Diopter
Nauticam 67mm Flip Diopter Holder
Modular Tray and Handles
Stix Floats
Mix of IDAS arms and clamps

Yes I know missing sync cords, but do have a focus light I did not mount, want to keep it classy:dork2:

Put some YS-250 PRO strobes on it.

You should really go all out, and put 4 YS-250 strobes, 4 Sola 4000 lights. I say Go Big or Go Home. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Or just post a pic of it.

FRIK!!! A tad OTT there mjh!!! ha ha ha That is one serious set up.... for a compact camera.... actually for any camera! TWO Sola 4000's, you could light up a stadium with those puppies. ha ha ha

A serious question though, why did you go with the Inon 100 WA lens and not the Inon 165 WA lens?

Makes mine look inadequate.......
Nauticam tray and arms, Sola 600, YS-01 (2), Nauticam 67mm flip diopter holder.........

Attachments

• 1-photo (9).jpg
    1-photo (9).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 835
Yes a lot of gear for a compact, but all of this is from my "old" Nikon D7000 DSLR setup and wife's Gates video rig. It is part of my digital de-evolution. I will probably end up with one of the 4/3-Mirrorless systems but waiting one more generation or for the Nex line of lenses to get better. I bought this camera as my pocket cam and thought "what the heck I have all the other parts, lets see what this camera can do". Hopefully two weeks in Fiji should be a good test.

The H100 is the what Nauticam recommends, in part due to the rear glass being almost 67mm to accommodate the RX100's larger sensor. Inon does make great glass with minimal chromatic aberration and sharp edges. Also interested in how the "dry" dome will work as I tend to shoot wide. Sadly it does not seem I will have that part by the time I leave.

Car dog set up is good for macro and for macro video
What about a wide angle lens
The Mjh set up is a impressive I guess if you want to do stills and video you need to load it up
I see you have many floats how negative it is on the end? Sola are around 85 grams each and the arms will be around 300 so a lot of weight even in water
For what concerns the lenses my preference would be an LD mount as I prefer bayonet
However I managed to attach my old UWL105AD to the nauticam the optical quality is not the same as uwlh100 buy the weight of only 146 in water is a welcome a great deal
Will be looking forward to Mjh shots an clips!!

Think there will be usable options for WA as more people try existing wet lenses. Coming from a DSLR system and yes at one point I had YS250s and the L&M 4000s on it, ugh, this seems like a feather. But have to get this contraption in the water and see. Will be interesting to see video with the 4000s and choice of WB.

Interceptor and Co what do you think H100+2x4000s = Auto White Balance? or would you go with some thing else? Manual?

I have two sola 1200 it am not mistaken the colour temperature is the same of your 4000
This reads at 6500K that is rather cold light
I am going on a trip next week and what I would try is auto first and then directly setting the colour temperature in the white balance options as that is available in video and spares you the pain of navigating the menus
What do you think?

For tropical diving I like "bluer" lights, looks sharper, cleaner to me but to each their own. Think like you going to start with Auto and go from there. You can always MWB with the lights see what you get. With the Nikons and shooting stills I typically put it in Cloudy.

Back
Top Bottom