Fully loaded RX100 System, ok maybe little overloaded

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've used the flip-out adapter and it works well. Imho, almost any kind of flip-out adapter will be much better than screwing on/off macro lenses. The first I took out the D800 + 105mm lens + subsee diopter, I didn't have my flip-adapter on, and I missed it alot.

alien, in general a big fan of flip diopter holders and Nauticams is very good. It has a small latch that keeps the lens in place when is use, a very nice feature.

On the RX100 and macro diopters it works great. I did try it with the H100 wide angle lens (on dry land) and get a tiny bit of vignetting in the corners. I will see if this continues underwater. It could be the slight millimeter or so that the flip diopter holder adds vs. screwing the lens into the port itself is the issue. But is very minor and if you are shooting the nudibranch and the whaleshark comes buy I can live with it:wink:

White balance of a slate with lights is painful as you will need to put it two feet away to be hit by the light this in combination with the poor procedure of the rx100 is impossible mission
However if you go to white balance set colour temperature you can lee set at 6500K and then adjust the tint by hand if you need to

For tropical diving I like "bluer" lights, looks sharper, cleaner to me but to each their own. Think like you going to start with Auto and go from there. You can always MWB with the lights see what you get. With the Nikons and shooting stills I typically put it in Cloudy.

Thanks for flip out comments :)

---------- Post Merged at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:15 AM ----------

mjh check out Sony rumours for all the new NEX lens coming out from Rokinon, etc

I was wondering wouldn't it better to mount the triple clamp at the end of the arms so you can completely control video and strobes?

I was thinking about this set up myself but with shorter arms 3+5 or 5+5 as I just worked out this is sufficient

You can put the clamp out there, no problem. I tend to shoot more stills than video and find it easier to position the strobes without the video lights next to them. Plus I shoot longer arms for my stills and that much mass on the ends makes it so you really have to crank the clamps down to keep them in place.

The weight is for sure a consideration. However the video lights are not ideally placed in the middle as they will always be out of axis or difficult to use in close up work
I will need to have a think

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom