Funny search for a knife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I’m going to start out with a funny search for a knife used in an attempted murder.

If you click on the link you will be able to see the West End of Coeur d’Alene Lake where we have 2 dams and a power plant.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=12&x=629&y=6604&z=11&w=1

In the pic you can see a straight bridge about the middle of the frame. The lake makes 3 branches before flowing into the Spokane River. There is an “L” shaped dam towards the top. The power plant is near the white building on the island and near the bottom you can see a small gate dam.

This pic shows the little dam where this took place.
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=2516&y=26416&z=11&w=1

I play in that area so searching was a fun dive for me. Back in the late 1800 prior to the dam being built their were saw mills in the area and the old equipment is still down there to play on and in.

I spent a lot of time on the 20-35 foot bottom and other team members rotated. I knew one of our members wasn’t comfortable going right up to the leaking metal gates. I didn’t mind at all so I took the gates and he was up stream from me.

It’s a hard area to search because the bottom is covered in thousand of basketball size rocks right up to the concrete foundation for the 20+ foot tall metal gates.

We were down roughly 30 minutes and my partner was very intent on the search. So much so he had gradually worked his way right up to the foundation for the gates. It sounds like a freight train down there because of the leakage and that makes for a cool dive.

I look at my buddy who isn’t paying attention to anything but looking for the knife. Me on the other hand just can not let an opportunity like this pass. Hehehe. I look at the bottom and see rocks. I look to my left and see BIG STEEL GATES. Now my mind thinks, Rocks metal gates, skittish diver, hehehe.

I pick up a nice size rock, look at my buddy with tunnel vision and let loose. Ever been inside a Chinese Gong? 5 or 6 nice whacks on the mega size gong later and I turn to look at the results. All I saw was a middle finger prominently displayed against my mask and a pair of eyes that were bigger than his mask. :11:

Later we learned the gong echoed through the canyon and one of the guys said, Dags f-n with John. :eyebrow:

We finished our pattern and when we got up it was a solid laugh for an hour. We need this every so often and we still laugh about it today. Nice to have a play day and work combined.

We never found the knife and later found out he threw it on the other side of the dam when it was open and at flood stage. Who knows where it went.

And we get paid to do this stuff. :wink:

Gary D.

Gary,

You can just be the mean little kid sometimes. Sounds like you had a great time. I hope he thought it was funny after he cleaned his suit.

Back
Top Bottom