Fusion Drysuit Review by John Chatterton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WHITES Justin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
WHITES FUSION DRYSUIT RECIEVES ENTHUSIASTIC ENDORESEMENT FROM JOHN CHATTERTON
John Chatterton achieved fame for his exploits recorded in the book Shadow Divers.

I have been diving Drysuits for more than 30 years as a commercial diver, a scuba instructor, and a wreck diver. I have pretty much been in every style, and brand of Drysuit that has come down the highway.
Anyway, I have to admit that I did not think the Fusion was going to be much of anything new. Sure, I thought it looked great, but I am all about function and not so much fashion. I was pleasantly surprised.

So far, I have been able to dive my Fusion on shipwrecks in the Great Lakes, New Jersey, and even here in Florida. I absolutely love this suit!! It is comfortable, flexible, durable, dry, warm, and yes, even stylish. I have owned shoulder zips, crotch zips, diagonal zips, and behind the neck zips, and they all have drawbacks. The zipper design on the Fusion positions the zip where it is really self-donning. While diving, I did not even notice it was there, which gives the suit great flexibility, which makes it comfortable, and enables me to move the way I need to move inside wrecks. The latex seals make the suit both comfortable and dry. I have never been too fond of the hard boot design, but seriously, your boots are great!! They work both topside, and while diving.

I am not sure if it is the underwear, or the suit material itself, but the suit is extraordinarily dry. There is very little condensation, which means the suit stays warm. The suit fabric moves with me, so it feels more like a wetsuit than the classic bulky feel of a Drysuit. However, my favorite feature is the pockets!! They are streamlined, flexible, secure, and easily accessible. I store the pencil for my slate in the side zipper.
With regards to criticism, as much as I love your pockets, I would not mind a zipper closure option for them. Aside from that, I can't find much of anything for you to change? You guys have come up with a suit that looks good, and is totally functional for the way I dive.

The Fusion is the best Drysuit I have ever used, period.

Thanks,
John Chatterton

Attachments

• JC_Captain Dan_1.jpg
    JC_Captain Dan_1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 933
Very cool!

Tech or bullet? I assume either of those due to your referencing the pockets. I still like my Fusion as well!

[edit] Just realized this is a "repost". D'oh! [/edit]

Tech or bullet? I assume either of those due to your referencing the pockets. I still like my Fusion as well!

[edit] Just realized this is a "repost". D'oh! [/edit]

John is using the BULLET model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom