Fusion Friction...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HisLovelyBride

Teamcasa's dive buddy
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I have a Fusion Dry suit and have been diving it for almost a year now. Being only an average diver, I am still working out some of the nuances of dry suit diving, but for the most part, I love my dry suit.

My question for you is this, when I go to don my suit, the inside seems to stick to itself (like the inside of a trash bag) and just getting it unstuck is a struggle. Is there a powder or some lubricant that can ease this. Some folks say it is like putting on panty hose, well, I think it's more like putting on panty hose when your hands are wet.

Thanks for any help you can give,

The inside of the Fusion seems to get a little sticky over time -- maybe from condensate? At any rate, fdog had the answer. Buy a can of Sailkote, which is a dry lubricant you can get at boating supply stores. Turn the suit inside out and spray generously. It solves the problem for a couple of months, and then you can reapply.

The inside of the Fusion seems to get a little sticky over time -- maybe from condensate? At any rate, fdog had the answer. Buy a can of Sailkote, which is a dry lubricant you can get at boating supply stores. Turn the suit inside out and spray generously. It solves the problem for a couple of months, and then you can reapply.

Thanks for the tip! I will definately try it. Aside from the sticky, it is a great suit.

A quick question for Whites directly, will SailKote harm my suit in anyway? If so, what is your recommendation?

I like to turn my fusion completely inside out - try that with a heavy trilam :wink: - and let it dry after diving - here in FL I find I sweat in the suit and it gets condensate in there - gets a little smelly too - when I let it dry, then I use a little talc to keep things smooth and prevent sticking. After my last dive I dunked the whole thing in the tub and washed inside and out - then just let her dry - viola' - no issues.

I truly love the simplicity of the design and ability to take good care of it given the construction.

I clean her Fusion, inside and out after each dive. Thanks Lynne for the suggestion but I'm concerned that Sailkote may be hard on the suit.

Well, White's hasn't weighed in here, but I know fdog has been using the Sailkote for a while. It's a dry lubricant, so I don't see how it's likely to affect the urethane. I guess I'm doing an experiment!

Hello,

Whites has contacted the manufacturer of this product and they have informed us that the product in completely inert. This means that it should not harm the Fusion in any way.

Just so everyone is aware, Whites has improved on the Drycore and the second generation model which is grey inside does not have any sticking issues.

Cheers,

Justin

Ahh, just another penalty for being an early adopter . . . But it's good to know that the Sailkote won't hurt the suit.

Its nice to know that Whites has addressed the sticky issue. Let me know when you stop improving it and I'll buy my next Fusion. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom