Fusion One storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eismann

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello dear scubaboard-community,

sorry for my silly question.

Im a fresh and proud owner of a White´s Fusion One. The suit is very easy to dive, and my first dives were very comfortable.

What is the best storage for this suit? As the suit has no attached boots, hanging it upside down is not really possible (I am also lacking enough height in the room).
So the two opportunitys are: Hanging it on a broad coathanger through the neck or storing it folded.

Im afraid I could damage the neck Latex-seals by hanging it up and bringing tension to it or to damage the zipper by storing it folded.

Can you give me advise? Are plastic coathanger a problem for the latex-seals?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany,

Eismann

There is a hanger with a fan built in called Hangair that will help dry your suit and is suitable for stage. I would roll/fold your suit to store it just be sure not to crease the zipper.

We primarily use hangers that are sold by the dive shop -- they're plastic, and have big, broad shoulders. No tension is put on the neck seal, if you partially zip the suit. Hang it someplace away from electrical equipment that can generate ozone, because that can cause latex seals to deteriorate.

Thanks a lot for the answers!

@TSandM: I have such a Hanger from "Wet and Dry". Do you close your inner Zipper partially? I have heard that storing the zip closed could cause problems to the zipper itself.

Greetings,

Eismann

I have never heard anything about damaging a zipper from storing it closed. The dive shop we teach out of stores their zipped up. I HAVE heard of problems if you store a suit zipped up with the zipper kinked or folded, but that doesn't happen if the suit is hanging up.

We have several brands of hangers. If I'm using the big ones, I don't zip the suit, so the inside can air as much as possible. With the smaller ones, I have to do the zipper up partway to keep the hanger in the shoulders.

Thanks a lot for this information !

Greetings from Germany,

Eismann

I am about to buy a Fusion myself and had some of the same questions. One of the guys on another board sent me this link for the hanger that was mentioned above by Paulmal. He says he uses it when hanging up his Fusion so it dries the inside of the suit from sweat. I will definitely be looking at this hanger myself for drying purposes plus I have a closet I can hang it in when it is dry on the outside. That way I don't have to worry about rolling it up. Have fun and good luck with your Fusion...can't wait ti get mine!!!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 04I01P3217

I love my fusion, I need to get the Hangair, I use a buddies but all my dive gear lives on the bed in our guest bedroom, I don't want guest anyways they eat all your food and such, so it's not to big a deal but the wife wants me to actually put stuff up. My logic is I dive enough that putting it up is a waste of time.

I just got the Fusion Bullet and I've been hanging it on one of the standard heavy-duty UK hangers. I cross the suspenders over the hanger (so they don't slip off) and that seems to help distribute the weight a little more. I also have the NekTite ring so that's what would take the load vs the actual neck seal.

At some point I will pick up the HangAir - seems like a good idea in general. I've also considered the boots-up hanger (I have the attached Fusion boots), but if I do that I'll need to up up a higher hook to hang things from since right now the boots just *barely* graze the ground -- upside down and the arms would be dragging.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom