Fusion Tech Limited Edition Write Up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Right In Scuba

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, so I know alot of you are wanting to know more about this, and I just got mine in today :D

First off.....I like this one ALOT. It fits so nice. Look at the pics, what other drysuit fits that perfect!!! Streamlined, comfortable, lightweight, its the *****!:cool2:

For those wondering what the differences between the normal tech skin and the limited, I will break it down for you :wink: If I missed anything Whites Guys, just jump in :wink:

Tech Skin - Can have pockets, 1mm neoprene with lycra in certain areas for stretch, Print on knee pads, comfy, does the job, has cool tribal graphics.

LE Tech Skin - Can have pockets, 1mm Super stretch Neo that is really soft(helps hold the suit to you, but in no way limits movement....so comfy) This neo is pretty resiliant too! I had some stuff in the pockets, no sag. There is NO lycra, its all neoprene and there is no need for the weaker lycra with the super stretch. INstead of a print, there is 2mm neo in the kneepads for more durability. You shouldnt be diving on your knees anyway, but at least its there for out of water stuff or if you are on your knees for something. Extremely Comfortable and in my opinion, a tighter fit than the normal tech skin, so everything just feels like a 1mm wetsuit...even more than before! Has limited graphics, pretty cool new graphics too! Its about $150 more than the normal tech skin, so is it worth it? Thats up to you to decide. For me, with lots of dives in Fusions, this is by far worth the extra money!! Its also made at Whites, so there is less of a chance of backorders or limited stock....just tell em to make more :D

As with all of the Fusions, it leaves all other drysuits in the dust! Most of those that talk trash, havent dove or tried one on yet...and when they do- they will be a big advocate of these suits!

I will add more when I dive this new one next week :wink:

The LE will only be available for a limited time, so contact your local dealer, or better yet, contact us (most experience with this suit and I dive it), and we can get you setup! We have a few coming on from pre-orders that will be in shortly, so stay tuned!!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread as I'm sure it will benefit others as well

Mike

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    392 KB · Views: 371
  • PICT0006.jpg
    PICT0006.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 287
  • PICT0007.jpg
    PICT0007.jpg
    404.4 KB · Views: 280
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 283
Can't agree more - we put Limited Edition tech skins on half the Fusions in our "Dueling Drysuit Demo Days" trailer and the response has been tremendous so far. The tech skin finally crosses the fine line that lets a tec or quasi-tec diver look at the suit more seriously, since they have the onboard pockets to store gear in.

More great innovations from a great Drysuit manufacturer!

That is NICE!! I just need mine to come in...... :D

I ordered mine today from my LDS (Dive Addicts, Utah). I've been renting one and every dive I love it more. Can't wait to have my own!

My limited edition Fusion just arrived today!!! :D:D:D I didn't have a lot of time to play with it, but this is a nice suit. I'm ready to dive it.... maybe this weekend.

Mike - Thanks for getting the suit to me so fast. You better get out there and dive that new Fusion :wink:

My limited edition Fusion just arrived today!!! :D:D:D I didn't have a lot of time to play with it, but this is a nice suit. I'm ready to dive it.... maybe this weekend.

Mike - Thanks for getting the suit to me so fast. You better get out there and dive that new Fusion :wink:

Maybe this weekend??? Ya right, your going diving tomorrow:D

Shhhh.....I know, I was in a wedding, and had fiancee obligations the last couple weekends...this weekend I'm going shooting, next weekend Mothers Day, but I am sneaking out this week :D Wanna take a roadtrip and come dive:cool2:

Enjoy your suit this weekend! You WILL fall in love

Mike, how is this LTD skin shipping? Does it come with pockets or does one have to order those separately? If so, what's the cost for two pockets? Is it $100/each???

Has anyone tried gluing on their own pockets yet? For $100, I can think of some nicer looking ones...

I looked at the pockets on the LTD skin at the scuba show here, and I didn't like them. I'd definitely want something larger, with a simple Velcro flap. But the skin seemed nice.

Lynne, were these the same pockets Whites usually puts on the regular tech skin? From the photos online, the pockets definitely don't look very big (say, compared to an H explorer pocket).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom