FYI: Check Your Dive Boat & Home... 40 Million Fire Extinguishers Recalled in US and Canada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Checked mine - it is part of the recall. Filled in the on-line form - very easy. Should have a replacement in 2 - 3 weeks.

As a fire fighter, and one who teaches various fire safety topics - including fire extinguisher training - I am amazed at how many people don't know how to use an extinguisher properly. :eek: I am wondering if some of the failures, and some of the associated injuries, are due to lack of knowledge, and not actually the fault of the extinguisher. :confused:

Divegoose

Same, took just a few minutes on the website (with the fire extinguisher nearby to check info on it) and a new one on the way. Worth taking the time to check.

Just checked, I have three fire extinguishers that apply. This is kind of scary, how would I have known about this if I did not stumble on it here?

Just checked, I have three fire extinguishers that apply. This is kind of scary, how would I have known about this if I did not stumble on it here?
I don't know, but you definitely wouldn't want to learn about it the hard way. :wink:

Its been on our news here in CT

Thank you for posting. I have two on my boat I'll need to check...

Mine was affected as well. Thanks!

Funny (but not ha ha - ok, well sort of ha ha) story. One Thanksgiving we were visiting my sister and something in the oven caught fire. As my brother-in-law was trying to use the fire extinguisher in vain - with lots of colorful language - my 6 year old piped in with "Uncle David, you have to pull the pin". It's good to be familiar with this stuff. :wink:

Glad I read this post! We moved into our new home a few months ago and didn't even know how old the extinguishers were, let alone if they were part of the recall. Turns out we...we don't have any. Ace Hardware, here I come!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom