FYI on trimming DUI Zip seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JaxDvr

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
In case anyone was interested, child safety scissors will cut DUI neck Zip seals. Apparently, though they do not cut that straight. :crossbone

Oh, also, never let a four year old watch you trim a new seal. All they have are safety scissors. :11:

My new seal is on it's way.

Sure am glad I up graded to the Zip seals. :D

LOL nice

FYI I found the best way to trim seals is a Rotory Cutter.
You can find them at your fabric store, its a pizza cutter on steroids. My wife sews so I tried hers out and it works great, but be warned guys... She was very unhappey with me and I had to buy her a new one.

Anyway stretch the seal over a plastic bowl then just roll around it. Nice very clean edge.

I just used an carpet knife/utility knife to do the same thing. I found it much easier to stretch it over a baby bottle though. I did not want to risk ripping the seal on my first try. Worked flawlessly for me. Mi d you I am a little bit disappoi ted withbthe quality of their seals. Think gwhen this seal finally goesci will try out some Viking seals on my zip rings.

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom