FYI Shipping to Thailand from the States

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just thought I'd pass on some info for those planning to visit Thailand, as I am in the process of now.

Shiping anything via UPS etc is outrageously expensive. However if you ship 4 to 6 weeks ahead of time or even earlier, you can ship 44 pounds per package at a reasonable cost using the Post Office ground shipment for Parcel Post. You can also insure it.

I just shipped my 3 E8-130 tanks over. I took the valves out, did not box them, but taped the opening very well. Each tank weighed differently. I had one that weighed 43lbs and 15.6oz, how's that for close? I had to take the boot off one tank to get it under the 44lb limit.

For me, the cost of shipping was significantly cheaper than replacing my tanks. I'm also planning to ship some other dive gear tomorrow so that I don't have to bag drag it. Although the expensive stuff like regs, computer, dive light (I have a HID can light), perscription masks, compass will go in my carry on.

BTW, my name is stamped into my tanks and highlighted in black waterproof marker so I never have a problem spotting mine amongst any others.

Back
Top Bottom