G12 photo frenzy in Long Island Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeanYves

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I just posted a fully illustrated photo dive report of my holiday trip to Long Island Bahamas at DigitalAquamarine.com.
All underwater pictures were taken using the new Canon G12 in a WP-DC34 housing with no external strobe.

If you like the website, please register it's free and that helps me put more content online!

JY.
DigitalAquamarine
Point & Shoot underwater digital imaging

Wonderful report and pics! Thanks for posting pics made without a strobe! I'm hoping I can get good results from my S95 next month in Utila.

Great pics. Actually amazing for not having a strobe. Vis must have been nearly perfect. Did you have to adjust white balance using a photo software program afterwards?

Again, nice!

Thanks.
I usually correct the white balance in Photoshop.
Viz was great but I have had some very decent results in the murky waters of Southern California as well (check Catalina Island in HD: Canon Powershot G12 review - DigitalAquamarine.com - Catalina in HD).
All the pictures on my website are from the same setup (only the camera changed as I recently upgraded my 2004 Powershot A85 to a G12). I hate strobes and bulky contraptions.
It's not that hard to get these shots, I have a few tutorials posted on my website. Check them out, they're all free.

JY.
DigitalAquamarine
Point & Shoot underwater digital imaging

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom