G250 flow vane

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sandpaper and/or lubricant

Last edited:
Good idea to reduce diameter... plastic mouldings have a nasty habit of stress cracking if sustained point loads are too high over time.

my sledgehammer but lost it
User guide to hammers:
MK 10 = ball peen or claw hammer
MK 5 = club hammer
MK 7 = sledge hammer

There might be some subtle difference in the old case making it harder, but no worries at that pop-in force. The biggest difference is between the first insertion and subsequent insertions. There's no give in that little bulge until its first flex.
That old vane that I photo'ed in another post went in to my G250 just fine, but it was an old vane that had been flexed by removal and re-insertion more than once.
I think you'll be fine.

So they can be re-used? That being the case I might remove it and put it in again. Cheers.

Just noticed I can draw air and hear a high pitched squeaking sound, didn't do that before I fitted the new vane, oh no, hope I haven't damaged the case. I'll investigate and post back.

Update 2:

After installing the new flow vanes I was experiencing very strange and erratic purge behavior. Upon closer inspection I realized I had installed them backwards. Using the tool, a god send, I removed them. Re installing them was a breeze, @rsingler you were indeed correct, they just snapped in with minimal force. Re tuned them and bingo, functioning as they should. A trap for young players.

This is correct orientation:

D221C412-801C-456C-A4C7-52A1CD99046C.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom