G250 parts question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had this problem and ended up getting new venturi vanes, and the newer models don't take circlips, they just snap in. A crappy solution, but that's what I did.

Please do not give non DIY answers to DIY questions. :D .....j/k.... It may have to come to that.

Couv,
Do you have the SP Part number? I can dig through my bins of SP parts and see what I have.
Myles

Hi Myles,

I'm afraid all of the diagrams I have are for newer G250 models and don't have that the retaining clip listed. The part number for the upgraded vane is: 11261023 if you have one of those please let me know. In the meantime, I'm hoping we can come up with a DIY solution.

Thank you,

Couv

The flow vane retaining ring is SP PN#01-073-250, but who would accept a 20-year-old part when McMaster-Carr is right around the corner?
Oh, ye of little faith!
Wait one. ..

Seems to me that a length of copper wire (like that used on fire extinguishers) wrapped in the groove and then twisted would do the job. Double it up for backup and keep a close eye on it for the first couple of years. Either that or a good metal 2nd.

Now thats a die-hard do-it-yourselfer! Way to go!
Hmmm... salt water and copper instead of a 30-cent part. How 'bout I mail you a couple, too? :D

Now thats a die-hard do-it-yourselfer! Way to go!
Hmmm... salt water and copper instead of a 30-cent part. How 'bout I mail you a couple, too? :D

I still have one clip in my stash - I sent the other to couv. The originals were made of copper. Or you could probably use SS wire. If you have access to a military surplus store or a friend in the service, communications wire (WD-1) has 4 copper and 3 steel strands.

It does not take much to hold that vane in place. Remember, the new version just snaps in.

That's why you da man. Never knew they were originally copper.
I learn something here EVERY day.

Hi Couv,
I bought a few of these new from a sympathetic dealer about five years back. If you still need another for your other reg, PM me with your address and I'll toss one in the mail.

Ps- I haven't been on scubaboard for many months, and this was the first thread I saw. It kinda warms my heart- I have several non HP G250s that I really love, but have always been frustrated by the parts situation. I wish Scubapro wasn't so moronic with their policy!

-Todd.

That's why you da man. Never knew they were originally copper.
I learn something here EVERY day.

LOL! One of the six G250's here in the shop for refurb had the old copper clip. I was just a week away from learning by experience.

couv, McMaster stainless steel Part #98808A340 is a perfect match. It's a perfect fit for SP G250 vane retaining clip, part #01-073-250
circlip1.jpgcirclip2.jpgcirclip3.jpgcirclip4.jpg
They go in the mail to you tomorrow! Finally! :D

Cheers!
Rob

Thank Rsingler, I think we need to start a McMaster Carr wish list and this will be one of the items on it.

Thank Rsingler, I think we need to start a McMaster Carr wish list and this will be one of the items on it.

Everybody get a nickel and we'll all go down to the candy store.

I do have my eye on an M-C rubber washer that I'm hoping will work as a seal in an Air2 QD:
McMaster-Carr item 90130A29

Please check my measurements.

Back
Top Bottom