G250v adjustment knob on classic G250?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jrltenn

Contributor
Reaction score
Can someone who has both confirm whether the current production knob will fit the older G250 and 109/156's ? Everything I see or read says the air barrel is identical but SP tells my lds they won't work....

Can someone who has both confirm whether the current production knob will fit the older G250 and 109/156's ? Everything I see or read says the air barrel is identical but SP tells my lds they won't work....

I do not have a 250V, but looking at the schematics, I can see that the barrel, knob, and knob o-ring are different part numbers. And they do not share a common service kit; the G250V is different.

Looks to me like Scubapro may be working on ways to make some of their older stuff obsolete. Or they are just F$%#ing with part numbers. Even the exhaust valve and diaphragm are unique p/ns. That is hard to believe.

I found an old post by DA that says pretty much everything interchanges. Jules at SP says otherwise. Guess that means I'll order b one and find out. As usual I kind of expect DA has it right and the Scuba "Pro's" haven't a clue unless a tech bulletin spells it out.

I definitely have heard of retrofitting the G250V air barrel into an older G250, but that does not guarantee that the adjuster itself will fit, it just means the new adjuster fits in the new air barrel which then supposedly fits in the old case. Not sure if this is helpful!

I was also kind of curious if the orifice was the same as the older chromed brass ones. Would be nice to have a new part alternative to the plastic ones. Thanks to both of you for the reply.

Pretty sure the orifice will work. I've put nylon G250V orifices into a 109 before, so the reverse is likely.

However, if I were servicing someone's regular for payment, I wouldn't do a thing that wasn't in a tech bulletin. Not in this litigious society.

Hey, guys! Haven't been on board for awhile now.
I just saw this, and if anyone's still following, I'll get you an answer with pics. Just dove my G250V in Monterey, CA over the weekend, and I'd be happy to pull it apart and compare with the G250 adjustment knob on my other stuff. Easy.

Stand by. (Be patient - I just moved and my shop is in boxes).

Rob

Great to see you're back Doctor Rob.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom