GA Aquarium reciprocity program?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weaponeer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife recently visited the GA Aquarium and was talking with either a staff member or volunteer, don't know which for sure, and she mentioned to him that I am on the volunteer dive team at the Virginia Aquarium. The person said that there is a reciprocity program there where other aquarium dive team members could come in and do the whale shark dive at a reduced cost. I searched the web and the GA Aquarium website but found nothing that refers to reciprocal diving at the aquarium. My wife is also a diver but not on an aquarium dive team. We have been talking about going to Atlanta together sometime and possibly doing the "Gentle Giants" dive.

If a GA Aquarium staff member or volunteer diver knows anything about a reciprocity program and what paperwork if any is needed, or can point me to someone who does, I'd appreciate the help.

Contact the Aquariums DSO. One of the hidden perks.:wink:

There's no contact info on the GA Aquarium website for the DSO or ADSO and the phone numbers listed deal with tickets, reservations, groups and such. Does anyone know who the DSO is? I need an email address to contact him/her.

I'm going to be watching this thread. I volunteer at the NJ state aquarium, and would love to dive in the GA tank

There's no contact info on the GA Aquarium website for the DSO or ADSO and the phone numbers listed deal with tickets, reservations, groups and such. Does anyone know who the DSO is? I need an email address to contact him/her.

call the information number and ask to talk to the dive imersion program derector they shuld be able to help you I am a volentee . I work the DIP

Ask the DSO at your aquarium. It is a small group, I'm sure they know each other! I'm going into tomorrow to clean some tanks and get some teeth. I'll ask the DSO at my aquarium.

Ask the DSO at your aquarium. It is a small group, I'm sure they know each other! I'm going into tomorrow to clean some tanks and get some teeth. I'll ask the DSO at my aquarium.

I've got a dive team meeting to attend April 12, so I'll ask about it through my channels before I try working it from the opposite direction.

I've got a dive team meeting to attend April 12, so I'll ask about it through my channels before I try working it from the opposite direction.

Just got back from cleaning the Open Ocean tank. I asked our ADSO about the reciprocity programs. Some aquariums have programs, so do not. She seemed to think the GA program was one that didn't. She described the process as: contact your DSO, they'll contact the other aquariums DSO, they will fill out some forms and fax some things back and forth. If all is good, in you go. Apparently there is some insurance things they have to go through.

...She described the process as: contact your DSO, they'll contact the other aquariums DSO, they will fill out some forms and fax some things back and forth. If all is good, in you go. Apparently there is some insurance things they have to go through.

This sounds more like the AAUS reciprocity for scientific diving (i.e. diving in support of aquarium operations). It sounded like the OP was looking for a discount on a "fun" dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom