Galapagos Islands - Rebreather Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jorge.a.mahauad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago Dr. Claus Meyer from Germany and Mr. Peter Seupel from Aquanauts Grenada came to the Galapagos for a rebreather diving holiday. They contracted my support and I had the opportunity to join them on board Yacht Deep Blue. We did an 8 day liveaboard trip and I wrote a short trip log that was subsequently published in the blog for Galapagos Rebreathers.

We used APD rebreathers (one Evolution, one Evolution + and one Inspiration) all with vision electronics. We all had OCB; Peter and I had one 5.7l/ 40cft with air each; our on board cylinders were 2l / 15cft steels; Claus used 3l / 19cft on board steel cylinders. Peter and Claus had travel frames, I had the yellow box. We used high 1.3 and a low 0.7 setpoints. In three occasions the last dive of the day had to be done shallow and with a lower ppo2 (between 1 and 0.5) due to OTU’s and CNS% loading. We planned mainly recreational profiles with actual runtimes no greater than 70 minutes a maximum depth of 50 meters and a total time to surface no greater than 15 minutes.

If you wish to access the full story please visit the blog. There are some photos published as well, here is a little sample picture.

web12.jpg

I am based in the Galapagos Islands and organize a la carte rebreather trips and expeditions. Next liveaboard trip is in August 2011 and a post was published in rebreatherworld. If you want more information please do not hesitate to PM me or visit my website.

Kind Regards,
Jorge A. Mahauad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom