Galapagos Liveaboard August 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GoProHonduras

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have 4 spots available for August 16th 2010, on the Galapagos Humboldt Explorer from Explorer Ventures, and it costs $4295 per person, not including flights, taxes, park fees, fuel surcharge, nitrox, tips, but it does include the best diving in the worlds!

It's worth combining with a week before or after doing other trips on the islands or in Ecuador or Peru.

Here's a sample itinery but dependent upon marine park scheduling;

SAN CRISTOBAL/BALTRA DEPARTURES
If meeting the vessel in Baltra, Galapagos Islands, a guide will meet you upon exiting the baggage claim area for transfer to the vessel.
Monday: San Cristobal and Isla Lobos
Guests fly to the Galapagos Islands from Mainland Ecuador, arriving in the late morning. Guests are met at the airport and taken to the Explorer. Boarding the vessel after 1:00pm, guests will depart for a short crossing to North Seymour for a check out dive and safety orientation briefing Lunch will be served during the crossing and dinner will be served after the check out dive. The vessel will make a late day departure to the next destination. Currently each week the itinerary includes the same islands. The order of the islands, however, is dictated by the National Parks Foundation and may vary weekly. A land visit on North Seymour may be possible if Isabela is the first island on the itinerary. Crossing to Isabela Island is made late evening/night and is 8-10 hrs.
Tuesday: Isabela Island - Cabo Marshall
6:30, 9:30, 11:30 and 3:00 dives. Sightings include giant manta rays, mobula rays, turtles, hammerheads, black-striped salema. Overnight or early morning transit to Roca Redonda (4 hrs)
Wednesday: Roca Redonda
6:30, 9:30, and possibly 11:30 dives. Sightings include turtles, sharks and volcanic vents . Late afternoon crossing to Wolf Island (15 hrs)
Thursday: Wolf Island
8:30, 11:00 and 2:00 and 4:30 dives. Sightings often include hammerheads sharks, eagle rays, Galapagos sharks, silky sharks, and occasional whale sharks. The vessel will travel 2 -1/2 hours to Darwin early Friday morning.
Friday: Darwin Island
6:30, 9:30, 11:30 and 3:00 dives. Sightings often include hammerheads, whale sharks, eagle rays, Galapagos sharks, and silky sharks. Night at anchor
Saturday: Darwin Island
6:00, 9:00, 11:00 dives. Sightings often include hammerheads, whale sharks, eagle rays, Galapagos sharks, and silky sharks Afternoon/overnight transit to Cousin's rock (18-20 hrs)
Sunday: Cousin's Rock
8:00 dive - macro diving with excellent chance of seeing sea horses, frog fish, sea lions, eagle rays. Snorkeling with the penguins. Lunch and transit back to Santa Cruz (3 hrs). Land trip to see the giant tortoises in the highlands of Santa Cruz and possible visit to the town of Puerto Ayora.
Monday: Baltra
Early morning panga ride in Black Turtle Cove. Breakfast; depart the vessel by 9 am . Transfer back to the airport for flight back to Quito or Guayaquil.

On our trip this year we had Whalesharks, Hammerheads, Manta Rays, Dolphins, Sea lions, hundreds of schooling fish, and turtles.

I expect this to full up fast (probably within 4-6 weeks), so am asking for a 30% deposit to confirm a place.

If you're interested please PM me.

Update: There are 3 spots left for this trip, please PM me if interested.

I still have 2 spots left on this trip if anyone's interested!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom