Galapagos Liveaboard, More time at Wolf or Darwin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

guyharrisonphoto

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am looking at trips in September. Some boats spend two days at Wolf and one at Darwin, some two days at Darwin and one at Wolf.

If I have the choice, which would you all recommend for concentration of dives--Wolf or Darwin?

Thanks!

There are more whaleshark sightings in Darwin than in Wolf, if that is a priority for you.

We did Wolf/Darwin/Wolf. There are a lot of dives sitting and watching the hammerheads. We only saw Whale Sharks at Darwin, but on two of the 4 dives and right up close :shocked: The trip prior to use did not see Whale Sharks.

We had a greater variety of dives at Wolf and there is more to see than sharks!
Wolf Day: Shark Bay, Landslide, Landslide, Shark Bay North
Darwin: Darwin Arch x 4 times
Wolf Day: Shark Bay, Landslide, Caves, Bat Fish​

For me (and I like sharks) this was a good mix, but if I was assured of seeing Whale Sharks on a second day in Darwin it would be a difficult choice.

The trip back from Darwin to the 'main' island is long so I would expect this may impact on diving the following day. We did Wolf to Vicente Roca and arrived in time to do our first morning dive, I don't think this would not be viable from Darwin. Hence some trips miss Vicente Roca and a chance to see the Mola Mola - the water is cold.

If you are planning to go in September, you may also want to consider the only boat that spends 4 full dive days at Darwin + Wolf – giving you 9 dives at Wolf and 6 dives at Darwin - Humboldt Explorer - you can see their itinerary on our website under Live-aboards or Destinations and click on Humboldt Explorer. www.diveadvice.com

Join one of our charters aboard the Humboldt Explorer for September 11-18, September 18-25, or September 25-October 2 and get $500 off regular rate of $4995. Now from $4495. Limited spaces and applies to new bookings only. Offer valid until April 30.

Contact myself, Dom at Dom@diveadvice.com or contact our US office, Kirsten Treais at Amazing Adventures Travel in Mill Valley, California kirsten@amazingadventurestravel.com

Its an awesome destination, I hope you can make it.

Back
Top Bottom