Galileo Luna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soltari675

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a new Galileo Luna computer. I love this thing. Everything I want to know during a dive is right there. Awesome machine. But I have a question. In dive mode there are 2 bars, an O2 bar on the left of everything, which I know is my tank air, and another bar on the right that says m2 or n2. What is that bar. Is that like residual nitrogen or saturation or something? I haven't been able to find exactly what that is. The rest I figured out. Thanks ahead of time.

It is the nitrogen saturation in the main tissue compartment.
1-6 bars, you are within the no stop zone.
7-9 segments, you are approaching decompression
10 bars you have a mandatory decompression obligation.

Im not sure what model yours is but the one currently on the scubapro/uwatec website is showing an o2 bar on the left for use when using EAN mixes, not the PSI in your tank that should be an actual number in the bottom right. and as Grover said the right hand bars(N2) should be your nitrogen loading....Im sure u know the importance of knowing what each of these things are and how to read them :)

I have a question as well my girlfriend and I are going through the school right now and I am looking at buy the luna for both of us. First off we plan on diving a lot in cold and warm water and also I would like to monitor her air as well i know u can sync them but to watch hers do I have to buy another transmitter and if so how much are they?

If you both have individual Luna or Sols, you will not need to buy another transmitter to read each others tank pressure. You sync her transmitter to your computer and designate it as BUDDY. She syncs your transmitter to her computer as BUDDY. This is just another great feature of these computers.

If you only have one computer and want to buy an extra transmitter, the list price is $432.00 USD.

Im not sure what model yours is but the one currently on the scubapro/uwatec website is showing an o2 bar on the left for use when using EAN mixes, not the PSI in your tank that should be an actual number in the bottom right. and as Grover said the right hand bars(N2) should be your nitrogen loading....Im sure u know the importance of knowing what each of these things are and how to read them :)

You can program the computer to graph either an O2 bar or cylinder pressure....

Thank you so much Grover. I knew it was obviously important and I want to know what everything means. That was the last thing. And yes Jbell, I have the newest version that's out now. And you are right, it's o2 saturation, however there is an option to change it from O2 to tank, which shows air pressure. But yeah, it has the pressure on the bottom too. That wasn't too big a deal. And yes, I am real picky about knowing everything that computer is telling me. It's a great machine. :cool2:

Thank you so much Grover. I knew it was obviously important and I want to know what everything means. That was the last thing. And yes Jbell, I have the newest version that's out now. And you are right, it's o2 saturation, however there is an option to change it from O2 to tank, which shows air pressure. But yeah, it has the pressure on the bottom too. That wasn't too big a deal. And yes, I am real picky about knowing everything that computer is telling me. It's a great machine. :cool2:

You must be within 5ft to pick-up a signal. FYI...

The bar graph on the right will change while assending to an accent rate monitor so you can get your accent rate just perfect.
Many MANY of the things that can be user defined. Just keep working through the manual as you use the computer more and it will amaze you further.

Thanks for the info, I just bought 2 luna's, lady hawk, knight hawk, mk25/600s,mk25/a700 inalready have twin jet max's and vision mask, agua lung wetsuits all I have left to buy is 2 tanks

Wow I just added up everything I could of bought a car lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom