Garmin Transmitter on Suunto 6 inch HP hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wbflyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

I recently bought a Suunto 6 inch hose (HP hose 6 miflex)for my Garmin transmitter but now I am worries that Suunto transmitters only work with that hose. I could be wrong but thought I would ask. Are hoses specific to a transmitter or are they universal? I know the "plug" in TX specific but are the hoses as well?

Thanks!

Hoses are universal.

It will fit any high pressure port or hose. The low pressure ports and hoses are a different thread. If you are using it on the hose you have to make sure you have a spool in it but don't need it if you are threading the transmitter directly into the port on the first stage.

I have the spool for my Garmin but want to make sure the hose fittings are not brand specific. The spool for Suunto looks very different than the one I have for Garmin. But that might be fine.

The spool should be universal as well. I buy mine from Dive Gear Express as well as hoses. The hoses are not brand specific.

Suunto spool vs. my Garmin. They seem so different that I figured this Suunto hose would not work with my Garmin TX.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 44
There are two different Garmin spools...one for use directly to the 1st stage, one for use with a hose. They are mandatory flow restrictors.
1700531814400.png

Dive Gear Express says:
"The Descent T1 Transmitter should always be installed using either a flow restrictor or an air spool, both included with this kit. Which one is used depends on the method of installation. The flow restrictor should be installed on a Descent T1 when it is attached directly to the high pressure port on a first stage regulator. When the T1 is attached to a high pressure hose, the air spool should be used. Using the transmitter without either the flow restrictor or air spool could result in serious injury or death from an air pressurization failure. Both are included in this product, and are replacements for the one included with the T1 transmitter package. Refer to the Descent T1 Manual for more details."​

I have the spool for my Garmin but want to make sure the hose fittings are not brand specific. The spool for Suunto looks very different than the one I have for Garmin. But that might be fine.

The Garmin spool is specfic to the Garmin transmitter. One end of it is the standard spool diameter, which is the side that fits into the universal HP hose connector. The other end is a wider diameter and fits into the Garmin transmitter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom