Garmin watch setup with two transmitters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

addohm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
How do you set up a multi gas dive for sidemount with two transmitters on your bottom gas? The app and watch only let me select a single bottom gas and I can't find anything for sidemount configurations.

How do you set up a multi gas dive for sidemount with two transmitters on your bottom gas? The app and watch only let me select a single bottom gas and I can't find anything for sidemount configurations.
Which Garmin watch?

Why are you side mount diving with different gas mixes in each tank? You should be using the same bottom gas in both. Deco and travel gases would be in additional tanks.

You can add gases from the "Gases" menu by pressing the bottom left button once at the main screen after entering the Multi-Gas mode. You can add transmitters from the Air Integration menu by pressing the bottom left button twice at the main screen after entering the Multi-Gas mode. Side mount is no different from any other multi-tank or multi-gas dive.

Which Garmin watch?

Why are you side mount diving with different gas mixes in each tank? You should be using the same bottom gas in both. Deco and travel gases would be in additional tanks.

You can add gases from the "Gases" menu by pressing the bottom left button once at the main screen after entering the Multi-Gas mode. You can add transmitters from the Air Integration menu by pressing the bottom left button twice at the main screen after entering the Multi-Gas mode. Side mount is no different from any other multi-tank or multi-gas dive.
My sidemount cylinders are the same gasses, The transmitter\computer calculates SAC and RMV just fine until I switch to deco cylinders then it goes completely wonky. I see no need in buying three or more additional transmitters for deco cylinders. With two cylinders and two transmitters, if I were to only breath those it wouldn't be an issue. Also, the software only allows a single transmitter to be assigned as "bottom gas" which works just fine if you're doing doubles or a single, but not sidemount.

My sidemount cylinders are the same gasses, The transmitter\computer calculates SAC and RMV just fine until I switch to deco cylinders then it goes completely wonky. I see no need in buying three or more additional transmitters for deco cylinders. With two cylinders and two transmitters, if I were to only breath those it wouldn't be an issue. Also, the software only allows a single transmitter to be assigned as "bottom gas" which works just fine if you're doing doubles or a single, but not sidemount.

You're not performing a gas switch on your computer when you swap regs, so you only specify one 'backgas'.

You want to select both transmitters from the sensors/transmitters section, not the gas selection. That should let you see both tank pressures on your computer during the dive.

Your SAC figures will not work in this setup unless you add transmitters to your deco tanks (which is pretty much universally advised against for a myriad of good reasons).

I don't understand how you expect ANY computer to track your SAC and RMV right if you switch to a cylinder that does not have a transmitter. That would take magic.

I side-mount 2 tanks (with 2 transmitters) all the time and it works perfectly.

You're not performing a gas switch on your computer when you swap regs, so you only specify one 'backgas'.

You want to select both transmitters from the sensors/transmitters section, not the gas selection. That should let you see both tank pressures on your computer during the dive.

Your SAC figures will not work in this setup unless you add transmitters to your deco tanks (which is pretty much universally advised against for a myriad of good reasons).
Right, I know all this. This is why Im saying - a sidemount mode. I envision a sidemount mode letting you set both transmitters for your back gas to "bottom gas" and only uses those to calculate SAC\RMV, and stop calculating when switched to deco gasses. I guess its too much to ask but it seems freaking simple. "I breathed this much from these two cylinders over this amount of time at this average depth before I switched to deco gasses"

Right, I know all this. This is why Im saying - a sidemount mode. I envision a sidemount mode letting you set both transmitters for your back gas to "bottom gas" and only uses those to calculate SAC\RMV, and stop calculating when switched to deco gasses. I guess its too much to ask but it seems freaking simple. "I breathed this much from these two cylinders over this amount of time at this average depth before I switched to deco gasses"

As far as I'm aware Garmin will not do this.

It irks me as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom