Gates/Hunter PRO-AM 1050 - anyone have one?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vikingdrydiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am a proud (and happy) owner of a Viking drysuit, but I have just come across a deal on a new Gates/Hunter PRO-AM 1050 drysuit to replace my Viking.

I am still considering a new Viking, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with this type of suit to see if it held up better or was much different.

And yes, after owning one for years, I still want a vulcanized rubber suit (no trilam, crushed neoprene, etc. thanks), they hold up great and are fairly low maintenance.

Thanks for your reply.

I have been using the Gates for the last year and am very happy with the performance and durability.

You will not find to much difference when comparing it to the Viking (other than that fantastic new strech vulcanized suit they have...) other than price...

Jeff Lane

... in seven years. The ProAm was a great suit and when I sold it to a friend it was still in good shape after 5 years of use.

The only think I didn't like is that it restricted reaching back to turn my manifold knobs.

I have 2 of them. A large and a Large Slim. I like diving with the large slim. Fits like a glove. Couldn't ask for a better custom fit. The large is for someone who's around 40lbs heavier. I'm 6'2" 195lbs and athletic.

We also have 4 of them for our Rescue/Recovery team. And 3 Vikings. The Gates seem to last longer. Other then that, they are both great suits.

I also have a Gates/ Hunter Pro VSN1100. I use it for Rec/Tech diving. It has a little stretch in it. And it's bullet Proof.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom