Gbr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty decent op, boat (Kalinda) is not a beauty, but the price is great. I would avoid day trips as they tend to go to oft visited sites. At least wqith a 3 day, you can get to the outer reef,

We did a 3 day trip up to Lizard Island on Nimrod a while back. Had a nice time, and the diving did get better as we headed north...

Tribalshark,

A year ago, my wife and I took the Nimrod on the Coral Sea trip. I think the consensus is: The Coral Sea and North Queensland trips are far superior to any of the other GBR locations.

Here's a link to a Trip Report post (it's long) on our Coral Sea adventure.

I have a shorter version in the Undercurrent 2002 Chapbook, but I don't know if that's available on-line unless you are a member.

You may want to check out www.taka.com.au

I did the Taka trip out of Cairns in mid-November (four-day livaboard) to outer Barrier Reef and the Coral Sea. The boat is not delux but the price is reasonable and the dives were really nice.

Originally posted by tribalshark
Hey ...thanx for the info.
Am checkin on Mikeball to Lizard Island in early april.
Hope all works out.

Cheerios

Been on 3 of his boats and liked them - smooth operations on the dive decks.

Just returned from Cairns a couple of weeks ago. Did the Cod Hole 3 night south bound trip with Mike Ball. I couldn't have been happier with them. Great service, food and superb dive sites. Made my first liveaboard trip a wonderful experience.

I also spent three days diving with Tusa Dive. They were also very professional. It does take 1:40 to get out to the dive sites though and they aren't as spectacular as they are further north.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom