GC, March 4th to March 10th - and Scuba Board members? Free drink on me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark Derail

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
If there are any SB members on GC in the week of March 4th, perhaps we can arrange a meet & greet, maybe at Sunset House.

A brewski on me !

If we could a group for a night dive, that would be awesome, and it would be my first one. I'm OW cert only, so it would be shallow.

My GF dives, but she's given me permission to do so dives with others, if there are any. I'll be there with a car.

Mark

Did three great boat dives with Cayman Turtle Divers. We stayed at Turtle Nest Inn in Boddentown, traveled East to eat at Tukka's (highly recommend) for Walkabout Wednesday - Autralian cuisine.

Rented an economy car from Avis/Cico. Hard to believe that in GC, a Honda Fit or Toyota Yaris is considered a mid-size car.

Driving on the left had it's challenges, was fun overall. Air temps in the mid-80's 24/7 and the water temp steady at 80.
Heavy winds all week, Stringray City was closed most of the week, but we got to do it as a snorkel tour instead on the last Saturday before leaving.

Night dive at Cracked Conch is a must, and so is the Kittiwake wreck. Out West, everything else for diving is quite standard Caribbean, no turtles though along 7MB.

The beach along 7MB is narrow, and drops off dramatically. Too much construction, no natural erosion. Not a place I would recommend for the world's best beaches. I sure Cayman Brac and Little Cayman beaches must be spectacular compared to Grand Cayman's 7MB.

Didn't have time to check out Rum Point...nor the botanical gardens.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom