GC Trip Planning Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Legendz was closed over Thanksgiving undergoing what appeared to be a pretty serious remodeling. Didn't see anything that said how long - might want to call them before heading their direction. Agree with Damselfish on the food at Eats - was pretty impressed with the breakfast if you have a morning off from diving.

Thanks for the heads up.

---------- Post added December 3rd, 2012 at 10:38 PM ----------

Thought I had my diving sewn up but as it turns out the kids want to do a night dive. Apparently it is quite an experience. Seeing as I have quite the sampler of dive ops so far I may as well add one more to the mix. So, any suggestions for a night dive? Boat or shore? I was thinking we may as well get our night adventure dive done while we are at it.

For it to count as your Night Adventure Dive your will need to have the AOW book and go over the material with an instructor. You will also have to do all the student paperwork. Be prepared with a medical clearance if you needed one for your OW.

It was great week of diving. I did all of the dives I was hoping to except the night dive.
All of the ops were great. All very professional. All very nice.
Legendz is open. We watched a lot of football there.

We had a large group, not all divers, and everyone had a great experience. We will be returning soon.

These are guys we dived with and I would go with any of them again:
Happy Fish Divers, DSD and guided shore dive
Sunset House, guded shore dive
Eden Rock, guided shore dive
Cayman Turtle Divers, Kittiwake

Food:
Legendz, great for sports viewing good food
Eats, same kitchen as Legendz, no TVs
Sunshine Cafe, great burgers
Yoshi Sushi, good sushi
The Wharf, suprised at how good the food was considering there were 500 people there
Macabuca, great spot for a drink
My Bar, was quite the scene, had a beer there, fun spot
Southern Spice Indian, excellent Indian

Dives:
Eden Rock
Devils Grotto
Sunset House
Kittiwake
Black Hole
Turtle Reef, left and right x 2
Stingray City Deep (10')

Over all for a newb, It was fantastic. Loved cayman. Felt safe around town and the dive ops were professional with good gear and I trusted they were responsible.

Looking forward to going back and diving the North Wall and East End, which by the way, were blown out most of our time there. Maybe summer is better for those sites.

Thanks for everyones input on my trip. I could not have pulled it off with out your help.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom