Gcayman nightlife....where to go

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenalien

Reaction score
What is there for good after dinner nightlife. Something that light to non-drinkers mid 20s would enjoy. Dancing, entertainment shows, scenic views, ect.

Also what type of dress for the nice resturants? Very dressy, casual dressy, dress code?

Less than 5 weeks away. Thank you for any advice.

Just West of 7 Mile Beach.

Dress? Casual Black Formal (after 6) Neoprene-

"slit up to there". :wacko:

Illuminating accessories. :boom:

Those loooooooong gloves. :mean:

C.F.M. High heel flippers. :eek:ut:

-Remember:
Dressing "to excite" does NOT mean taking 2 hours to get ready!

The party will start when YOU arrive!

greenalien once bubbled...
What is there for good after dinner nightlife. Something that light to non-drinkers mid 20s would enjoy. Dancing, entertainment shows, scenic views, ect.

Also what type of dress for the nice resturants? Very dressy, casual dressy, dress code?

Less than 5 weeks away. Thank you for any advice.

I usually aim for the dressy casual. Jacket, but no tie, dress pants, but not a suit.

I'm leaving in about three weeks.

No need to dress up here... pretty much "clean casual" at night will let you in anywhere! For the more up scale restaraunts a nice sundress for the girls and slacks or nice shorts with a polo shirt or open neck shirt (hawaiian??) for guys is the norm.
For night clubs, you can check out The Matrix or The Next Level. Both are located on 7 Mile Beach Rd. Royal Palms is a cool open air bar on the beach that generally has a local band on a weekend night for dancing. Things don't usually get hopping here until about 9:30- 10 PM or so. And then it shuts down at 12 or 1 depending on the night.

There was a comedy club on SMB too. I hope it is still there. Coconuts if my memory serves me correct. The Big Kahuna is very funny. Price wasn't bad. We had a good time. I have never worn more then a T shirt and shorts on GCI. Never been refused entrance or thrown out of anyplace on GCI yet.

Joe

Big Kahuna is still here but Coconuts is gone.

We went to a little restaurant/bar called "Deckers" in downtown... very fun. Everything on the island is casual... little sundresses for girls and shorts/button-down short sleeve for boys is fine. Have a great time!

Lorie

What to do and…what to wear

Sunrise on beach at 7…robe, no shoes required
Breakfast around 8…robe with flip flops
On the boat by 9…rash guard and trunks or shorty
Hammock and a good book by 3…shorts
Sunset and rum punch on the beach at 7…shorts and tee
Diner at 8…linen shirt and khakis (no Hawaiian prints please)
In bed at 10..depends on the mood!
Repeat as needed

Now that’s an entertaining day to me.:)

Northeastwrecks once bubbled...

I'm leaving in about three weeks.

Hey Northeastwrecks,
I'll be in GC Dec. 7th - 12th with Fisheye divers. If you or anyone else from the board is out there maybe we can hook up at least to say hi or grab a beer or something.

Later..........................

Hey! What's with all these folks coming down here from Connecticut and not looking me up? :)
RiverRat, I lived in Bethlehem (that is CT.) for 8 years before moving down here... about 1 mile from March Farms apple orchard. Believe me, the winters are better here! But not the apples and corn... :)

Back
Top Bottom