G'day from Melbourne

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Froop,

That shellfish looking thing is some sort of parasite. I saw a doco recently about it. Come to think of it, I may have seen it on one of the National Geographic DVDs I was collecting from the Courier Mail up here in Brisvegas.

It only attaches and grows on certain fish, the fish don't seem to care. I'll see if I can find out where I saw it.

Would love to normally dkatchalov but this Sat is Grand Prix for me!

Also the dives yesterday were fun! Though we ended up going to Nepean Bay rather than South Channel Fort for the second dive. I saw my first sting ray :) Was nice to meet you too Rosh~~

Edit: for some strange reason, my Private Messaging was turned off. So apologises for anyone I PM'd, as you probably wouldn't have been able to write back :(

No probs, sas. Am going again in a fortnight, so will post here when & where if you're interested.

Ive just found this site, its a cracker. Im based in st.kilda east and am ow qualified tho only done 25 dives so far. Ready to go very soon(just had a knee re-co). Have dived with aquatic aventures in glen iris.

Hi Tunza, welcome to the forums :)

Where abouts to you plan on diving around Melbourne?

Thanks sas, i actually havent dived in the bay yet, would you believe so im open to any sites. Is this dredging making any difference do you know? Oh and im AOW qualified, not OW as i said previous. Im moving down to East Bentliegh next week so ill be even closer, yehh!!

Well a little bit I have heard, more so at the top of the bay. But my first OW dives were done a few days after dredging started so I have no real basis of comparison. Though on my third shore dive on my first diving day the dredge ship came past fairly close between dive 2 and 3 and there was a noticeable reduction in visibility. Dredging is halted at the moment as the ship is being refitted I believe. I think the bigger concern is the long term environmental damage it may cause - I don't think anyone knows for sure how that will play out.

Here is a recent thread on Melbourne diving sites you might want to check out: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/australia/226744-melbourne-diving-sites.html

Tunza, going diving this sunday with saspotato if you want to join & check out for yourself :)

I cant make it this w/e, my knee is not quite right yet, but i will def. be there shortly. where you guys going? might come and have a beer with you afterwards.

going out of queenscliff - bit far for just a beer :)

i go every fortnight, so we can go for a dive when your knee is better

Back
Top Bottom