Gear Bag Recomendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The above bag 'forth element' 60L is only 1kg [2.2lb] and waterproof and strong enough.
When flying to some resorts here in one of these Cessna Caravan
the allowance is 14Kg, so every g counts.

This is the ugly light one for even less weight .9 Kg [1 lb], not as pretty as the photo now.
Duffle.jpg

Just get a PVC duffle like the one suggested by Pressurehead. Most have removable shoulder straps.

I used to use a wheeled carrier - until I realised that ~25% of my luggage weight allowance was taken up by the bag.

Do go with a non-diving brand to make it less of a target- although I think some folks here are seriously overestimating the risk of theft.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Do go with a non-diving brand to make it less of a target- although I think some folks here are seriously overestimating the risk of theft.

Cheers,
This^^^ so it does not scream 'dive gear'.

This^^^ so it does not scream 'dive gear'.
Let me +1 this.

I’ve made a very good living by figuring out how people choose their targets when they decide to do something they shouldn’t.

Standing out from the crowd with your gear is a good way to get extra attention you don’t want. Not even by people who might want to steal your stuff, but by an otherwise good-natured customs agent (or TSA) who is just curious about what’s inside because the bag looked “different” or “looked like there might be something cool inside”.

(yes, this has happened)

You don’t want to be the low-hanging fruit (i.e., make sure everything is squared up in the bag nice and neat; nothing hanging out, etc.), and you want your bag to look very similar to everyone else’s.

Is the threat of having your stuff stolen often overblown (especially by the media)? Yes.

But when it comes to luggage and personal theft, those two items are usually the biggest commonalities I’ve found in my experience and observation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom